Search results

1. F

Rear suspension compressor failure

Got the yellow warning message on my 37k mile S213 and dealer tells me it’s the compressor that’s failed. A 1400 quid fix apparently ( just before Xmas ). Seems early for such a failure and I seem to remember people got some Mercedes contribution , I’m just wondering if the huge cost is inflated...
  2. F

Am I making a mistake ?

Thanks for the replies . Currently there nothing wrong with my car that you wouldn’t expect from a 13 year old car ,however it does have an unspecified oil weep from somewhere and it has cost me 1k in unexpected replacements recently ( starter motor , coil springs and rear subframe bushes) which...
  3. F

Am I making a mistake ?

I currently have an 2010 S212 with 170k miles on it and it’s just gone through its latest service and MOT. It a really comfy reliable well specced car however I have seen a S213 4 matic on a 18 plate with 33k miles. Would I be daft to change ( it’s not cheap ) . I know it probably wouldn’t make...
  4. F

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Just changed the starter motor on my S212. What a palava! gone are the days of 2 bolts and you are done. Still it seems back to normal let’s hope the new one lasts 11 years
  5. F

2010 E250 cdi Coolant leak

ive just had Merc roadside out to fix this very problem - mine was the plastic fitting that comes through the bulkhead just at the back LHS of the engine . He replace the whole length of hose in about 25 mins - the fact he had one suggests that its a known problem . Its quite difficult to get...
  6. F

P0101 code on 2009 W212 E220, OM651

I had that code when i had a split in the plastic inlet manifold - needed a smoke test to find it
  7. F

s212 rear air suspension - confused !

just to close this off - the near side trim panel has a yellow push clip just underneath where the parcel shelf attaches . It neds a small prybar to release it and it comes off with a pop but seems to survive. After that the procedure is the same as the offside - taking the shock off...
  8. F

So , now the weather looks set fair for a couple of days I need to do the near side airbag. While there were really good instructions for taking off the shock for the off side , how on earth do I remove the interior trim panel on the near side?
  9. F

Thanks @malcolm210 - relay changed -although the original seemed Ok and the compressor is unlocked and the car is level . Good man ! What with a new inlet manifold last week and the airbags this week Helga has had some expensive pampering !
  10. F

Well apart from unseating the airbags it went exactly as the forum posts suggested, until....... Time to power up the system and nothing happens. Checking for any fault codes , nothing but when I looked at actual values it tells me that the pump is locked due to limp mode activated. I can’t see...
  11. F

thanks for that - i had done quite a trawl of the posts and have the thread with the pictures and instructions - just wanted to explore why they some times stay up and sometimes dont - thanks @malcolm210 you have answered that for me
  12. F

This ****** car is messing with me - sometimes it will keep its ass in the air for 2weeks plus - even when left in an airport car park , and at other times over night or even within a couple of hours it is right down on its hunkers. i guess that would suggest its not a airbag leak or even the...
  13. F

S212 Air suspension

Thanks - yup that was my thinking , I will go with the block behind the rear bumper first and see if there are any issues - seems to be a very dangerous position in terms of parking taps etc . Luckily Aerosus don't seem to be that expensive and the self help on here looks comprehensive if it...
  14. F

S212 Air suspension

i Done a bit of searching on here and i think that my problem is leaking "airbags" but just wanted to check. the car goes down both sides at the same time sometimes over the space of a few hours sometimes (like last 2 weeks in an airport car park) it stays up. I cant work out if its is a...
  15. F

W213 wheel fitment

Just a quickie. Will w213 wheels fit on a W212?

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom