Search results

1. I

SL V8 RWD Owners... is it safe to floor it?

@ChrisMisc I had problems with my SL55 in the dry, i managed to fix by ditching the Pirelli P1's, i can't believe how shite they were, they were not even 50% worn, second mod was a Quaiffe LSD, that was a game changer, it's so much better
  2. I

SL V8 RWD Owners... is it safe to floor it?

I love the asymmetric 6's, they are my go to tyre on my track cars, in the wet there increasable on track and on the road, they also stand up really well in the dry on track. My Megane R26 is running 405hp through the front wheels :cool: My mate is running 500hp i his 250 Megane on asymmetric 6's
  3. I

Modifications & Insurance

i have a modified car (or two) the only time the premium goes up is with power modifications, the rest they want to know abou,t suspension, brake upgrades etc etc etc doesn't add anything. My power is up from 230hp to 400hp i pay over £450 for that, my SL55 is standard apart from the wheels...
  4. I

Good Year or Bridgestone

Agree, Asymmetric 6's are so so good. I use them on my track car in the wet, so much grip and they are also good on a dry track, They are also used for me to drive to and from the track and all the other stuff, i will be fitting them to my SL55 if i can get the right sizes .
  5. I

New member looking for good indie near Torquay

Mercare was sold a couple of years ago (i think) not heard good stuff recently. his son now has a place of his own. https://mbmotorserviceshq.co.uk/contact-us/ I have used him, great guy well worth talking to him
  6. I

Sl55 no sound from bose system

It was diagnosed by a local indy, he had a tool that he plugged the optical cables into to find the fault.
  7. I

Sl55 no sound from bose system

mine was the amplifier, it wasn't sending out the data down the fibre optic cable. replaced it with a used unit from Ebay been working fine for years now.
  8. I

Sl55 amg 2003 99mpg

was half a dozen laps around the Nurburgring :D:D
  9. I

Sl55 amg 2003 99mpg

I managed 6mpg average for a whole tank :cool:
  10. I

18v impact wrench

I bought the Lidl one in there last promo seems quite good so far and for £60 it included a battery, charger and some impact sockets. I have a Ryobi one as well, that I've had for years, used it an awful lot, but mainly for taking the wheels off and on for my track car and every one else's...
  11. I

High quote

No They refused to insure me, no experience :shock: o_O Only been driving for nearly 40 years :confused:
  12. I

E63 Insurance Go Compare v Money Supermarket

Not driven the car since January, off to Donington tomorrow to watch the truck racing
  13. I

It was £217 last year, so stayed with LV, third year running
  14. I

My wife's Mitsubishi Colt 1.4 is more than what i am paying and hers is on 3k miles a year :)
  15. I

Ohhh my god, i think i did quite well then, just renewed the SL55's insurance 57 years old, 3 years ncb, 5k miles a year, fully comp £197 My Megane 265 on the other hand, 7.5k miles, 18 years ncb, but modified, i'm looking at over £500 i think :(
  16. I

What questions would you ask another R230 owner?

I have them on mine, the LM6's that is, came on the car one of the reasons i bought the car
  17. I

Shiply (car transport)

I can see our first trackday is going to be fun :D:D
  18. I

Shiply (car transport)

Thought you had gone do lally while being in lockdown :cool:
  19. I

Shiply (car transport)

Its not my surname, it's my location o_O
  20. I

Shiply (car transport)

I very much doubt it :rolleyes: