Search results

1. L

R230 SL500 Rear Quarter Window Removal

Does anyone have any info / documents regarding the removal of a rear quarter window on an SL500 (R230)? Final part of window closure not working, there seems to be quite a bit of play in the passenger side rear quarter window, I've tried resetting the windows etc.., but it still won't go all...
  2. L

SL500 Engine ECU Coding

Hi All - working through all the problems with my SL500, it all seems to stem from a major water ingress into the Drivers side footwell. Unbelievably, although the heater box drain was virtually blocked, there is absolutely no sign of water ingress into the Passenger (UK) side, bone dry and...
  3. L

SL500 Suspension Setup - Romess

Hi guys. I have now finished (and sold!) the SL55 - loved every minute working on and learning about all of it's problem areas and the associated fixes, including the massive wealth of info and help on here. So much so that I have bought another 'problem' car, as I miss not having a shiny, 2...
  4. L

R230 Parktronic Stray Connector?

I stripped the boot lining out of my SL55 on Sunday to try and get to the bottom of the Parktronic not working (never has since I had the car - it just alarms with all lights on, then switches itself off). A STAR readout showed faults on nearly all the sensors, which to me says ECU rather than a...
  5. L

R230 Front SAM question

Thanks to the nice weather, have had a couple of days to play at fault finding on my SL55. I can't get my STAR to talk to anything on the CAN B at all, I just can't get it to talk to the EIS. I though my STAR might be dodgy at first, but I can see engine, transmission etc.. in fact anything on...
  6. L

R230 Water Leaks - Drivers Footwell

A bit better weather on Sunday (and a few minutes spare!) gave me the chance to look into the water leaks in my SL55. I was happy at first to find the boot leak is MOST likely to be the 3rd brake light (although the rear screen and C pillar seals still need doing as well, and will be in the...
  7. L

OBD2 Port Question - Blue Wire?

Having trouble hooking my SL55 up to a remote tuning program - the software just doesn't seem to want to communicate with the car for some reason. Everything seems correct in the software & hardware setup, but it just won't see it. Had similar issues with some of the features through STAR too...
  8. L

ABC symptoms at idle - SL55

Hi all - have got some major work planned on the ABC system on my SL55 - valve block overhaul (x2), new accumulators, 1 x level sensor, fluid, filter etc.. but the only item I'm not (currently!) replacing is the Pressure Relief valve block. One of the symptoms I'm getting is an occasional...
  9. L

R230 Keyless Go - Upgrade?

Hi - my 2003 SL55 has Keyless go but I have no key-card for it. Is there any way of upgrading the keyless go to the more modern, sliver key fob type? (i.e. no separate card required?). I've seen a couple of past threads on this but no definitive answer. Would the Keyless go module need replacing...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom