Search results

1. D

A really good bodyshop/restorer in or near Wakefield?

Hi. I have a 1993 E280 which, although in remarkable nick generally, has started to show early rust signs on the inner of at least 2 of the wings. Jacking points and other common problem areas still seem to be ok. I want to find someone who can advise between new wings or rust/paint treatment...
  2. D

What MB do you have, what mileage and what has it had done other than standard servicing?

2005 CLK 500 Cab bought in 2014. 130k miles - 31k in my ownership. Only unexpected cost was a new Crank Position Sensor. That said I live with the common heater flap breakage noise (lasts for circa 20 seconds on startup) as the HVAC still largely works as wanted.
  3. D

Comand v Waze

This plus: I always have the map set to North up and I'll know in advance what compass direction my journey lies on. Then if I find myself detouring, or off grid in anyway, I can take a view of what looks like an appropriate choice of road/direction. Sometimes I do my own thing and let the...
  4. D

Prestige Motors in Ossett near Wakefield

I used them last year for some jobs on my 1993 E280 and they seemed to know their way around the older models as well....
  5. D

CLA 45 Battery

No takers for this, then.... Update is that the engine check light has now disappeared after several successful start ups, so cautious optimism that the issue is fully resolved.
  6. D

CLA 45 Battery

Seeking some advice and help please. Stepson has a 2015 CLA 45 and it gets plenty of 200 mile journeys and has been fine for several years until the other day when it wouldn't start (dash and lights working). It jump-started no problem (using the correct connection points); did around 100...
  7. D

Clk CD not recognised

Other than the above, and/or if you ever get to the point where you admit defeat, remember that there is also a 3.5mm aux socket in the glovebox through which you can attach phone/mp3 player?
  8. D

Clk CD not recognised

On my CD changer (CLK 2005) when you insert the cartridge it scans each CD in turn before playing, as per the message you quote from your COMAND screen. If you leave the changer door open you should be able to see and hear this process taking place. If for any reason it fails to complete this...
  9. D

Clk or eclass convertible?

OP, I see you already have an E of some kind. Not clear whether you want fixed head or convertible? Either way I imagine most E will be quite a bit more than most CLK. As a Summer car I took the view that while we all want it, reliability isn't the utmost importance if there are other cars to...
  10. D

CLK W209 front seat-back can't tilt!

This may be nothing to do with any of the problems on this post, but for others reading it may be worth noting that... The front seats on the CLK 209 (certainly on mine anyway) will tip forward any time the lever is pulled, but will not also lift up to allow even better access unless the seat...
  11. D

Easily adding Speed Cameras to COMAND

I think that Merc COMAND may not incorporate a speed camera database as standard due to it being illegal (I believe) in some countries ie France. On the other hand it may be a "stealthy" way of having this facility in France, whereas a visible Tom Tom or Garmin device may invite the cops to...

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom