Search results

1. C

NGT1/NTG2 COMAND on 2007/8 SL/CLK

No problem with the concept. My reality is that the display is fading - it is pretty much down to its half life brightness, and attempts to get genuine replacements from the Chinese have all ended in failure. The fade is not constant, being very bad when the display is cold and a bit better when...
  2. C

NGT1/NTG2 COMAND on 2007/8 SL/CLK

As many will know there is the ability on the NTG! & NTG2 (and probably many other Head Units) to Brighten or Dim the display. Not talking about the Day/Night Brightness adjustment control, but just dimming or brightening the display Several chaps with similar vintage or model cars I have spoken...
  3. C

Installing amg paddle shift steering wheel on a clk320

I presume it is possible, but may not be worth it. contact a chap called Chris Messmer in the USA. Comandonline may also be able to help. Get WIS & EPC. I needed all of this when I Installed Flappy Paddles on my R230. Chris Messmer was very helpful. I use mine from time to time to anticipate...
  4. C

Scratch saver film on front face of radio.

let google be your friend - loads of answers
  5. C

2007 SL 350

Version 19, which I am pretty sure is up to 2019. Do not think there will be further updates
  6. C

W209 convertible roof issues

I fear you might be right. To check this our properly I will have to disconnect everything (including all relevant earth points), add a touch of Deoxit to everything and put it all back together. The really really annoying thing is the fact that WIS, for all its uses fails absolutely to identify...
  7. C

Following on from yesterday's posts, today I looked into the relays, fuses and the pump. All this is made more difficult because the roof is stuck down, but do-able. Using WIS electrical document: pe7739-p-2102-99ba I was able to identify the main pump fuse (coming from prefuse F34 and situate...
  8. C

Indeed I have. When not engaged by the separator and the console switch is depressed, the instrument panel display says words to the effect of 'close boot separator' When engaged by the separator, and the console switch is depressed, that message is substituted by 'roof in operation' (or...
  9. C

Hi Guys I have a 2008 A209 CLK convertible. The roof is locked in the open position. Pushing the console switch down, drops the windows a bit and brings up both the 'roof in operation' and the yellow 'roof is doing something' symbol in the Instrument Cluster. Previously I have had...
  10. C

R230 Goodyear tyres - no longer made

Were your 19" rims OEM or are they a later fitting? If OEM then presumably the suspension was engineered to take that into account. If a later fitment what difference do the larger wheels make to the ride/handling/noise etc?
  11. C

thanks - useful info
  12. C

W209 CLK - Roof won't close

This can happen when the roof, despite being open has not decended fully into its fully packed position. This failure has the effect of leaving a microswitch which should show the roof as being fully open left in limbo. In these circumstances nothing will happen. The car reports this a an...
  13. C

go on spoil yourself But be sure to be sitting down when you see the price. My last set of 4 for the SL cost £562 Todays 4 tyres £680 And they still have to be fitted and balanced and there will undoutedly be an environmental charge for the disposal of the old ones
  14. C

After spending hours on ths I think the Falkens are probably the best solution. Comments and reports are good and they seem quiet Shame that the about to be released FK520 are not made in my size - they do seem to be a step forward Camskill has them for both front and rear and I will have them...
  15. C

more research (find the size; look at the maker) leads me to either Uniroyal Rainsport 5 (I have them on the CLK and they work well) or the Yokohama Advan 105+ (the recently rleased 107 is not available in the size I need) Any thoughts? any comments?
  16. C

I think you are probably right - find the tyre choose the make.I do not want to change the wheel size to 19" rims - the car is not set up for it The search goes on
  17. C

Unfortunately it seems Dunlop no longer make the sport maxx in the 285/35 size at all, let alone on 18" rims
  18. C

Good info - thanks Unfortunately neither Goodyear Assy 6 nor Michelin 5 come in 285/35 on 18" rims The Goodyear Assy 3 and 5 have run flat technology - does that not make the saidewalls stiffer and thus the ride noisier/harsher? Still I will look further into the Goodyear 3 & 5 for real world...
  19. C

I have been running GoodyearAssymetric 2 tyres on all corners for the last few years and the time has now come to change them. Not so much the wear but their age. I do limited mileage so the fronts, born in 2014 and rears in 2017 both have 4mm or so tread left. Unfortunately Goodyear have...
  20. C

Comand v Waze

A bit late to this but: Waze was bought by Google in 2013 Google has incorporated much of Waze into its maps offering Waze has not been allowed to develop as it would have as an independent Waze CEO left the company in February 2021 You may want to use Google instead! As for COMAND, I really...

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom