Search results

1. N

Costs, to replace alternator and battery

Labour seems expensive investigate red battery warning £90! Would take a few minutes to establish the issue through testing, The parts may be right assuming it is a good battery and OEM alternator but would like to know how much they charge for Labour P/H?
  2. N

AGM Battery for non start/stop car?

Thanks for the replies guys, i will go with recomendations i would like to give it a little thrash on the motorway however i live right out in the sticks and the nearest is nearly 2 hours away! Thanks again.
  3. N

AGM Battery for non start/stop car?

Hi All, My E350 (2010) Requires a new battery as it is knackered! Due to my limited mileage and short journeys i am looking for a heavy duty battery now, i saw the AGM battery advertised and understand that it is designed for start/stop cars but would it be ok for a non type vehicle, if not any...
  4. N

adblue system problems and mercedes main dealer loyalty

Have to say i am a little surprised with the dram over Adblu? Apart from my E350 i also have a Toyota Hilux whic last week came up with the low Adblu warning light, yes it will stop the engine from starting if you do not re-fill it but all i did was to refill as you would screenwash and all is good.
  5. N

White smoke blowing from exhausts when starting the engine cold just for few minutes?!

Usually its because of condensation in the exhaust pipe (White smoke indicates water vapour) , Without being alarmist it can also indicate coolant is entering the combustion chamber which may be because of a head gasket issue.
  6. N

B1 Service 50K miles

Always will depend on age of car as after 3 years the MB FSH starts to become meaningless, You can get service recovery through your car insurance so mobility is little more than a gimmick. Apart from my E350 i also have a 2017 Toyota Hilux which does go to the main dealers for servicing as it...
  7. N

State of the nation's roads

Although i do have an E350 i also have a Toyota Hilux which i cannot damage no matter how hard i try!!
  8. N

Cam chain change?

Cheers for that.
  9. N

Cam chain change?

Just a quick question as my 2010 E350 CDI is now approaching 100k do i need to change the cam chain? Depending on what you read its either yes between 40k-100k or no only if there is a problem (Everything is fine currently). Thanks as ever.
  10. N

Nearside wing mirror not opening?

Hi, As above the nearside wing mirror will not open , i can hear it trying so assume power is there but will not open any ideas? Cheers
  11. N

Font drop link boots perished?

Above noted on earlier service coming up for an MOT shortly, assume this would fail it? Would the drop links themselves need replacing? Any ideas as to potential costs getting repairs with an indy not MB. Should of said 2010 E 350. Thanks as always.
  12. N

Crunch!

I realise that MB dealers will always be more expensive for maintenance and services , does the same apply to bodywork repairs? Looks like a new wing is required so i am assuming an indy would be a better idea than a dealer? Cheers
  13. N

Time Delays on MB parts

Have to agree with Mioba and shortages are not just around car spares, i am having building work being carried out new bathrooms etc and every guy who is working on it has said that they struggle to get anything now that was not pre-ordered and delivery times are months on some items,so i would...
  14. N

Rad cooling fan operation

Sounds like the Thermostat has locked open and needs replacing, if it is around £120 OEM + labour.
  15. N

Thermostat issue.

Thanks for replies guys, due MOT in a couple of weeks so will get a new stat fitted then.
  16. N

Thermostat issue.

Intrestingly it reads high between 70-90 although not in the red but it does come down after 10 mins driving or so to normal?
  17. N

Thermostat issue.

Morning, My thermostat gauge is not always working and the fan comes on, if i turn the engine off and restart it springs in to life. I am assuming there is a sensor or probe that is failing? Any ideas? E350 on a 10 plate. Cheers
  18. N

Emissions Claims, fake or real ?

There are many people who have signed up for this,it is a group claim and you just need to qualify to join up i am advised that there is no risk to any individual. The kickback is the company bringing the lawsuit will want 50% of anything awarded (If that happens of course) i see it similar to...
  19. N

Wing mirror defect.

Gents, My nearside wing mirror now only opens up about half the time, it has for a while when opening sounding like a rat is being crushed! Would this be the motor on the way out? or has anyone experienced similar? 10 year old E350 . Thanks in advance

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom