Search results

1. D

iCarsoft MB V2 or get a star done by an indie

Thanks, do you mean water ingress within the handle and I need to check the connections?
  2. D

Any suggestions? Could it be a ground problem within the handle or connection to it?
  3. D

Sorry I have been so long updating, ill health. So the icarsoft is good, it told me which sensor was faulty (just 1 front outer) although I bought 6 for the front as the mechanic said he would need to drop the bumper so thought I might as well replace all of them. They are only £7 on eBay and...
  4. D

Thanks for the info. I have ordered a timer relay and should be with me tomorrow. I am pretty sure it is the relay now, when I was starting before I would just jump in the car put my foot on the brake and hit the start button. For the past nearly week I have been getting in, hit the start...
  5. D

Also had a word with my local garage that fitted the injectors. Told him about what I had found on a thread on here about the Glow Plug Relay and he said that he did test it with a multimeter and power was going to it for 40 seconds. He did say that he expected it to be that as that is usually...
  6. D

Star Car & Commercials near Goole
  7. D

Also while I was at the indie last Thursday I waited for the Star Diagnostic to be done as I didn't want to pay for a taxi home only for them to call me with a price to fix that I couldn't afford, I live in a rural area so getting a taxi is expensive and hard to get. I was listening to...
  8. D

Update on the car: Took it to local indie last Thursday for Star Diagnostic, no codes showing, cost £72. They asked me to bring back Monday evening so that they could test from cold, rang me earlier to say still no codes and next step would be to do a leak off test at a cost of £99. I explained...
  9. D

Thanks for the offer. I had a full service done on it a couple of weeks ago though.
  10. D

How can you find out if the indy is definitely using Star, also do you get a print out to show it has been done on Star with the code results? Just wondering if they could be using a generic diagnostic reader and not using Star but using their experience to diagnose. My local indy on their...
  11. D

Thanks, I think I will visit the indie and see if I will get a true star test. I didn't want to hand it over and they are using something like the iCarsoft. I will check if I can get a print out first.
  12. D

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if the iCarsoft will determine which parking sensor is faulty and give codes for the bad start on a morning. I think buying one eventually would be beneficial as I do tinker but at the moment want to know what to use my limited money on. Thanks
  13. D

Thanks. I was thinking that the iCarsoft may have more capabilities with it being MB specific as the snap on tool is for multiple manufacturers. It may just have the same, I wasn’t sure if anyone knew.
  14. D

Thanks for the reply. I have read good things about the iCarsoft but wasn’t sure wether it would be beneficial in my case to get one.
  15. D

Hi I have just bought a ML320 diesel w164. It was struggling on start up on a morning (fine after it had been started after the first time) and blowing black smoke. I took it to my local garage where I have all repairs done, he did a vacuum test and said it was 2 injectors that was faulty which...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom