Search results

1. GeoffWestWales

S212 E Class Estate Hybrid

That adblue has caused loads of problems, I had 2 hire vans that had adblue problems and they seem to throw fault codes for fun so agree dont want the extra hassle of that to go wrong. I do love diesels and if did not want to tow would also going petrol.
  2. GeoffWestWales

Good food for thought there Malcolm210, I always thought they had been sorted in the early models, but your expensive experience proves my thoughts wrong lol. I always use the MOT checker it does give you a good idea.
  3. GeoffWestWales

Thanks all for the very informative replies, will defo keep away from the hybrid, so looks like it will be the E350 cdi as love my diesels, will double check that it can tow, so thanks for the vin plate tips and did think the oil cooler leak problem was on the early V6 but seems to still be a...
  4. GeoffWestWales

Thanks for your reply, the more I think about it, I'm probably better off just getting an E350 cdi, stick with good old technology and make Greta Cry :)
  5. GeoffWestWales

Hi all, Later in the year we will be selling our trusty 2005 E270 S211, needing to tow a twin axle caravan I did consider the unthinkable and looked at the Range Rover L322 V8 diesel, but reading the many horror stories I have come to my senses and will be going for a 2011 or 2012 S212, while...
  6. GeoffWestWales

E270 S211 Air Con Compressor

Thanks for such a great reply as car is now off the road will remove it and get all the part numbers, seen as the car is a 2005 it;s lasted well, better hope the weather is kind and get the old girl on the ramps, good job that cold spell has gone.
  7. GeoffWestWales

E270 S211 Air Con Compressor

Hi, The other day a very nasty sounding rattle started on my 2005 E270 Estate, it was the air con compressor looks like the bearing shave failed so trying to repair it on the cheap, I have heard that there is a smaller fan belt for some E class cars that did not have air con fitted, does anyone...
  8. GeoffWestWales

Inspiration for Prospective W211 Pre Facelift buyers

Think I would be of the same ipinion as your good self s5tuart think Mercedes would have gone through it with a fine toothcomb but hope its not spoiling your ownership experience, nice motor
  9. GeoffWestWales

Yes agree with you keefysher love the 270 lump and love being able to ferry around all kinds of crap plus ideal for my fishing gear, my stepson could not get over the size of the load space
  10. GeoffWestWales

Thanks for the kind words Craiglxviii I know whats its like, you read the forums and get the false impression about the car in question no matter what make it is so you can overlook what is a brilliant choice, we can't keep how good Mercedes are to ourselves :D:D:D
  11. GeoffWestWales

A lot of people only tend to post when they have a problem so thought I would add a positive side to the forum of my life with my 05 S211 E27. I will try not to send you to sleep :D. I had always wanted an E Class Estate and like to buy older cars as I can look after them myself, in my price...
  12. GeoffWestWales

2005 E270 cdi Sticking Throttle

Thats all I need if its a wiring fault lol, but will defo check it out further when our friends return home thanks for the info
  13. GeoffWestWales

Thanks for the reply Alexander, will price up a throttle pedal sensor, fingers crossed it wont make my wallet bleed to much :)
  14. GeoffWestWales

Hi all, The last few drives when going down our 1/4 mile farm track the throttle seems to stick at around 1250 rpm, its more noticable from cold, went to the local supermarket so engine fully warmed up and it did the same thing causing a really harsh and jerky down change, I assume this is a fly...
  15. GeoffWestWales

Newbie introduction

Welcome to the forum Gareth, good look with the new van and you have joined one of the most knowlegable and friendly forums on the net, the depth of knowledge still amazes me and I have recently come back into the fold of Mercedes Ownership and really enjoy my E270 Estate. Cheers Geoff
  16. GeoffWestWales

Power loss after battery disconnect!

Not sure how long you are up here for but I'm near Ellon in Aberdeenshire and could pull the codes for you
  17. GeoffWestWales

Back in the game.

Welcome and enjoy your new motor
  18. GeoffWestWales

Oil change Frequency E280 cdi

Cheers mate will have a look, still got that reluctor ring to change so may tackle it all in one fell swoop
  19. GeoffWestWales

Yes I don't think it will look so pretty when I start to bleed the system, just better do some re-search first for the correct fluid, got some new DOT 4 here that I hope will do the job?
  20. GeoffWestWales

It Looks OK to be Honest but got all lights bar one on the b raken fluid tester so it needs swapping sooner rather than later

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom