Search results

1. flowrider

R230 SL drivers door mirror glass replacement

An update........ there is no metal clip on my 2004 R230 door mirror glass, it really is just a matter of using more brute force. I have now successfully changed the mirror glass :)
  2. flowrider

Thanks but I have tried the brute force method with no luck. I have read online that there is a metal clip that should be removed but I can’t see one!
  3. flowrider

I need to replace the drivers door mirror due to the anti glare failing. I have purchased a non anti glare mirror glass off eBay as a replacement but I can't figure out how to get the old mirror glass off. Any help appreciated. Thanks
  4. flowrider

Battery malfunction reset on R230 SL

The voltage with the engine running wasn’t stable, I believe it should have jumped to 14v with the engine running so something is wrong with the charging either the alternator or something else associated with it.
  5. flowrider

Tested starter battery 12.4v, started engine to check the alternator and voltage dropped to 12.3v.
  6. flowrider

This is the first time for me time. I will lookup what I can do to check the alternator. Annoyingly I need to get the cars MOT done as well, hopefully this issue won’t affect the MOT.
  7. flowrider

On Monday I had to charge the consumer battery on my R230 SL500 due to a consumers offline message. Once the battery completed charging I went for a drive and within seconds I had a red battery icon and a visit workshop message. I checked the battery and it was reading 11.7v which I believe...
  8. flowrider

Drivers door mirror glass required

Haven't been on the forum for a while so I missed the updates. I still need to sort my mirror glass out, the car has been in storage and I haven't even thought about it.
  9. flowrider

Possible Purchase of an SLK 250CDi

A thorough check on its history is going to be required.
  10. flowrider

Coding features - mute in reverse gear ?

My Audi can be configured for a lot of different options using Carista, a few of the options are available on the car as standard but I would say 90% are only available with Carista. I dont think such a thing exists for MB's.
  11. flowrider

Hmmm...... 18 part numbers for mirror glass! But which one do I need? I think a call to MB will be in order.
  12. flowrider

Thanks. These are for a left hand drive SL, I need the drivers door mirror glass for a right hand drive car. The glass is auto dimming so as usual it will be expensive!
  13. flowrider

Does anyone know the part number for the drivers side door mirror glass on a 2004 R230 SL. Thanks
  14. flowrider

Is white a show off colour on a car.

Back in 1989 I had a brand new BMW520 in white (not my choice). I kept getting asked if I did weddings!
  15. flowrider

Choice of R230s.. what should i go for?!. HELP!

If you want a 350 then dont look at a 500, that V8 is sublime.
  16. flowrider

Another R230 battery question

I know, we are discussing a flat consumer battery.
  17. flowrider

Another R230 battery question

How flat is flat? My SL500 has started even though the consumer battery was "flat" i.e no parking sensors, no door locks, no seat adjustment, basically nothing worked but the car started.
  18. flowrider

What non MB SUV?

I've never liked the Renegade.
  19. flowrider

What non MB SUV?

Not me but I do concede the build quality isn't on a par with Mercedes or Audi.
  20. flowrider

What non MB SUV?

I’ve always liked Jeeps, especially the Grand Cherokee. Jeep Compass might be worth a look.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom