Search results

1. M

W211 heater not working

Below the master cylinder, drivers side. You might get away with tapping it with a long spanner or similar. Could buy you quite a long time.
  2. M

When to change ATF In 7G

Although, I have had some good experiences too, so this could be a bit sweeping. Ordering parts from Grangemouth for instance, flawless, couldn't be better. You have to judge each one as you find them, but some can be terrible.
  3. M

No engine management light

The lack of codes is a good thing, if I remember rightly that engine can suffer from oil emigrating around the loom, maybe CSP sensor failure too? I had one in a manual CLK, wish I'd kept it TBH.
  4. M

Opinion on geometry check

Yeah, I did tell him to seek out a garage with that equipment!!
  5. M

Opinion on geometry check

Hi, my cousin has just sent me a picture of his geometry readout from his 2003 e320 cdi. He's concerned about the readings in relation to the track? I must say it's a bit beyond me, but he's concerned that they may be pulling a fast one or something. They adjusted the toe setting on the front...
  6. M

Rattle

That's probably the chain IMO, how many miles?
  7. M

W219 Harmon Kardon

I wouldn't bother, after my W211's HK amp failed I tried 3 (tested and working) secondhand units, they were all rubbish, one was covered in rust! In the end I got one from Alfie (Command Lightwater) for around half the price of a refurbished one from MB.
  8. M

2002 W211 E500 gearbox

Just to add, this picture was taken by my passenger.
  9. M

Help with changing glow plugs

Engine top cover off what can you see, are they accessible? Take a picture and share it, I did my OM642's plugs recently, being a V6 there was a bit of dismantling involved. I think yours is probably less cluttered?
  10. M

2002 W211 E500 gearbox

Actual 70 mph.
  11. M

2002 W211 E500 gearbox

Just out of interest, will my car being a Japanese import have a lower diff ratio?
  12. M

2002 W211 E500 gearbox

10, I imagine the M113 takes at least 8?
  13. M

2002 W211 E500 gearbox

I've just finished ordering my parts from Grangemouth Mercedes. 5L 5w/40 fully syn was £21 Their Air filters undercut the Mann equivalent too. V impressed. Took ages because I kept adding to the order, they're very patient.
  14. M

Gearbox service???????????

Seems a good result. If the magnets come out looking clean, and the fluid the same you might want to have a bottle of wine ready!!! In all seriousness, seems likely he's just dropped the fluid, which isn't on, or what you paid for. Your getting a flush now too, which is great.
  15. M

His lack of protestation says it all, I'd politely decline and get a refund and take it somewhere else, ideally a recomend indy and get them to photograph what's inside, for your own interest if nothing else.
  16. M

Looks untouched to me, lack of finger prints or other evidence it's been removed. It's horrible when one thinks they may have been ripped off.
  17. M

W211 heater not working

Hey, I love my AS!!!!! (Why, is it going to break?):eek: What's a CPS? The air doesn't sink over time, and it works perfectly. It's had a new front strut I think.
  18. M

2002 W211 E500 gearbox

I'm doing the rad at the same time, there's no glycol symptoms, but best safe than sorry. (GSF, who's actually paying those prices???)
  19. M

2002 W211 E500 gearbox

I use Autodoc too, the only thing is they don't seem to have much of a range for the e500. They have loads for my e320 cdi, (both w211) which is odd given much of it's the same.
  20. M

New Boot Trim from MB Grangemouth Parts

TBF to Mercedes, they don't rip people off for parts really, and the availability even for the older stuff still seems good. BMW and VAG don't seem to be so supportive.

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom