Search results

1. J

Alternator/battery issues

I've read all of those today. Thanks anyway. Gonna have a good look at the wiring tomorrow and go from there.
  2. J

Alternator/battery issues

Still getting intermittent red battery visit workshop convenience disabled. Tried 2 alternators, 1 new and 1 used. Changed the bcm and the k57/2 relay. All terminals sre tight, both batteries are fairly recent. Front is exide and rear is varta agm, both batteries are 12.6v sat with no load...
  3. J

W211 e320 alternator driving me nuts

Right guys. Both batteries are showing 14.1v while the car is running on the multimeter and on the icarsoft. Both batteries are fairly recent and in good order. Got a k57/2 relay and bcm just in case and the problem still persists. Albeit still intermittently where I get red battery symbol and...
  4. J

Hmmmm, that's not too bad a shout mate.
  5. J

Both batteries are approx 2 yrs old. Front is an exide and the rear is Varta AGM.
  6. J

Already checked both mate, both are at good levels. It's very intermittent, I've got a bcm and a k57 relay coming. Going to try that and see if that does it. The fact that I've got correct charging voltage at the batteries is what's confusing me.
  7. J

Need help guys. W211 e320 2004. Changed alternator as had fault codes for alternator. Started up, got 14.1v running but still getting red battery symbol on dash intermittently. When idling the red battery symbol pops up and convenience disabled, leave running then convenience enabled. All this...
  8. J

W211 display fault.......

Hi guys, Had the display faulty, visit workshop message yesterday. Plugged my carseat MB v2 in and it says the rear sam is at fault. My questions are though, where is it? I'm presuming in the boot somewhere and can I get a 2nd hand one and plug and play? It's a w211 e320 2004 cdi estate...
  9. J

W211 rear airbag/spring purchase help.

That's exactly what I thought. It's on the aerosus website that states the c/s button alters things. Not me.
  10. J

That's what I'm trying to find out, does my car have ADS? Aerosus say if you have the c/s (which I have) button then you do, however I cannot find anyone else who agrees. So if I buy Aerosus (which is likely) then do I buy ADS or not? The reason I want Aerosus is I can buy direct rather than an...
  11. J

When I say self levelling I mean no airmatic. On the aerosus website it says there's a difference if you have the c's button by the gearstick. Arnott have no mention of this. Arnott also say must replace in pairs whereas aerosus do not mention this. This is my reason for being confused.
  12. J

Hi guys, I'm needing to replace the drivers side rear airbag and I'm having trouble trying to figure out which one. Now I am trying to do it as cheap as poss but also safely. The options I've seen are 1 Chinese specials, are they any good? £300 for a pair 2 year guarantee 2 Merc OEM, too...
  13. J

W211 E320 fuel return pipe.....

Cheers for that, my repair with cable ties has held up well so far, I am going to purchase some new pipe though from the seller you linked. I don't think I need the complete kit just some new hose should do. Cheers
  14. J

W211 E320 fuel return pipe.....

Can anyone point in the right direction to sort my fuel return pipe, it's leaking at several of the joints with the T pieces. Can I just replace the pipes or do I need a whole new set of 6? I've done a temp fix with cable ties but need something more permanent. TIA
  15. J

E320 stripped injector thread clamp

And that is exactly what happened, I've done 2 of them now and I've got 4 threads left so I'm sorted LOL
  16. J

Job is now completed guys so thanks for the help. I did run into a few problems though, the helicoil kit just isn't quite long enough neither the drill or the tap which made the job very awkward. I had a hunt round and foumd a kit made by Laser specifically for Mercedes Benz CDI engines, I...
  17. J

Looking at this then. https://www.screwfix.com/p/helicoil-eco-thread-repair-kit-m6-x-1-0mm-14-pieces/293fr Should be the genuine article from screwfix.
  18. J

Cheers guys, now I just need to find one that I can get asap. I found one at screwfix but its £35 and looks the same as the Ebay ones just a different colour.
  19. J

Thanks for the prompt reply. My query now is the length of the helicoils I've been looking at all seem quite short compared to the monster bolt that goes in there. I've seen a few small kits on Ebay that are for M8. Like this...
  20. J

As the title guys, it's done my nut in today. What are the best options? I've read old threads saying helicoil and some say just use a a new m8 bolt and tap a new thread. Just not sure which way to go as most forums threads I read end up arguing. If anyone has any input it will be much...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom