Search results

1. JT1

Car Finance Reclaim

We had two cars over 4 years on PCP through Mercedes Finance. Martin Lewis had a couple of (incomplete) lists, those that probably did the discretionary interest thing and those that had stated they did not - Mercedes finance were in the former, so I'll be going for it, plus a Volvo 2 years...
  2. JT1

Apple car play retro fit

Well this came about when finally attempting to play music from my phone and use it as a satnav at the same time, which is possible but not as safe as not needing the phone fixed to the dash. Plus the cost of updating map pilot and subscribing to traffic updates, which is automatic and free...
  3. JT1

Apple car play retro fit

Thanks - I have done that and, assuming it’s compatible, it’s better than I thought - £499 fitted
  4. JT1

Apple car play retro fit

I’m considering this retro-fit for my 2017 W213 Halfords will give a free assessment and then fit if for about £450 Has anyone had this done on the same car or similar and am I likely to lose any steering wheel functions or anything else? Or…… what do you reckon a dealer would charge?
  5. JT1

Auxiliary battery W213

Right, well, thank heavens for YouTube, eh! I once did a leg amputation on you tube so, nothing to lose. Wish me luck…. hopefully more luck than I had with the dining table!
  6. JT1

Auxiliary battery W213

I’ve had the auxiliary battery malfunction warming for a week or so. I’ve googled it, found it’s not a battery at all but a voltage regulator - found a good YouTube tutorial and found the part - genuine and not so Here’s the part...
  7. JT1

Windscreen washer top up on service

OK - now I feel like a Twot! Manager replied - fluid included in cost (it was itemised separately to be fair - to me) and if there’s no room they’ll put it in the boot.
  8. JT1

They phoned me to say the ad blue was low, they could do it for £72 (60+VAT) or I could do it but would need to be sooner rather than later. Halfords £11 for 10 litres HMMMMMMM let me think about that for two seconds! (Did it today - thought I'd have plenty left over, nope - only filled it...
  9. JT1

Just had second service, on first service I noted I'd been charged for the above and I knew I'd filled it to the brim the day before and not used it much if at all. I thought "strange" and I also thought "why bother, a simple task that you really have to keep on top of yourself if you want to...
Top Bottom