Search results

1. C

Electric cars

There <is>, one can run a diesel engine in “reverse” using liquefied gas. There was an engine programme running a few years ago that a good buddy of mine was involved in, the trouble is that the energy input cost to liquefy the gas is pretty much equal to the output from regasifying it in the...
  2. C

ABC Suspension Fault Diagnosis

The ABC struts for 215 are £300 on AliExpress.
  3. C

Understanding Mercedes W Codes/Numbers, What they are and What they mean

They’re not all “W” though. The correct term is a Homologation Code.
  4. C

Hydraulics, springs…
  5. C

Yes, and no, the spring takes the shock and the hydraulics provides the damping. The good news for you is that new struts for your 215 are c.£300 each from AliExpress. There’s no way to rebuild struts from a 215; been there, done that (to the point of having the ram stripped and rechromed…)
  6. C

There isn’t a “traditional” part; there’s a spring mounted inside a strut with a hydraulic actuator on top. The only thing that can leak is the piston.
  7. C

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Just what the government want…
  8. C

Parts not available til 2024?

Not quite true. Taiwan doesn’t (and didn’t, 4 years ago) have 2/3 or even 40% of global silicon wafer production volume, but they do have 40% of global production volume of a particular- let’s say device, used to build fab lines around, which in turn produce the end product. The...
  9. C

a250e - Spare Wheel

Speak to the crash engineers about what ballistic injuries look then then… Am I sad? Yep, I work in engineering.
  10. C

a250e - Spare Wheel

In this case, not good. I’m used to battery in the engine bay where the bracket is designed to fold the battery usually upwards out of the way as the front deforms- that way energy is absorbed, power is disconnected as the terminals rip off and the chance of a broken casing spilling acid is...
  11. C

So this happened

Just above 90 is fine. To give you an idea, my CL500 was fine to trog around downtown Florence in August for two hours looking for a parking space, with the temperature gauge not moving above 87..!
  12. C

So this happened

Hello, welcome and congrats! Lovely cars the 211s and the M113 engine is lovely. What does the engine temp move up to? These engines are overcooled generally so I wouldn’t think you have an issue.
  13. C

Headlight Question

The “Auto” on the headlamp switch will just turn the headlights on when ambient light levels fall below the minimum required for lights to be used- the lights will come on automatically. For High Beam Assist or Intelligent Lighting System, push the indicator stalk forwards (like putting main...
  14. C

What have you done to your UnMerc today?

If I’m gentle it behaves like a big lazy motorway cruiser. If I give it a poke, it unleashes the beast and makes me poo myself…!
  15. C

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Keith I think he just called you fat! ;)
  16. C

What have you done to your UnMerc today?

I did, today. 12.2mpg average :D :D
  17. C

Is it ok to remap a e350 cdi with 122k miles ?

Pics or it won’t have happened ;) ;)
  18. C

Whining noise

As per Lostkiwi’s suggestion, but try driving the car without wife/ significant other, and see if the whine goes away ;)
  19. C

Increase in crime

Agreed, cutting the number of police is always a poor trade off. Even worse however is “hate crime” legislation, specifically “hate speech” as it is almost by definition poorly worded, poorly phrased and trampled on the idea of a free society. It goes hand in hand with the (seemingly) general...
  20. C

Increase in crime

If you want to look at deterrence… the data is crystal clear. What deters <potential> criminals from committing crime, isn’t the severity of the sentence, but the perceived probability of getting caught. So, for street crime the answer isn’t longer time in jail, but more coppers on the beat...

Mercedes-Benz Servicing, repairs, engine and diagnostics
Wayne Gates - Mercedes-Benz, Unit F3, Phoenix Industrial Estate, Rosslyn Crescent, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 2SP
Tel: 020 8863 9233
Established for 20 years all vehicles washed and vacuumed.
Top Bottom