Search results

1. wizzman

S205 1.6 Diesel C200 oil leak from intercooler pipe.

Hi Alex, yeah I suspected oil overfill when I first took a look but it was midway on the stick. Intercooler isn’t full of oil. Today I rigged up a catch bottle on to the breather pipe and plugged the hole in the inlet pipe. Then I took it for a 20 mile thrash. After that there was no oil seeping...
  2. wizzman

Thanks boys. I have removed all the intercooler pipes and the inlet duct onto the turbo and the impeller seems to have no play and only a small amount of oil present. Oil seems to start showing its presence after the crankcase breather hose inlet onto the plastic duct which leads to the turbo...
  3. wizzman

Good evening folks, a friend of mine has an annoying problem. Oil is forcing its way out of the inlet/ intercooler pipe which eventually finds its way onto the exhaust manifold causing an unpleasant smell. Anyone had this before ? I have replaced the (expensive) o ring but there didn’t seem to...
  4. wizzman

R230 - ABC Fluid level while engine running

Look in the archives for water leaks into the boot. It’s always more of a job than just changing the seal
  5. wizzman

R230 Rear Suspension Problem.

My SL500 felt like it was lurching about on certain road surfaces. A very strange sensation but new rear tyres completely cured it. At a later date during a bit of rear suspension maintenance I found play in both outer bottom radius arm bushes ( which are a sort of rose joint ) This has stopped...
  6. wizzman

R230 ABC struts

Not sure if there is room to get your hand up to fit the top retainer ring. I removed the strut anyway to paint the inside of the strut tower that had a bit of scale on it. My O/S strut was the one that failed anyway so that was coming off regardless.
  7. wizzman

R230 ABC struts

Did they do you a good price? I was just thinking when I did mine and the job turned into a 4 month rebuild of the back suspension. Then lock down came...... nightmare
  8. wizzman

R230 ABC struts

The bellows are available from MB I have recently replaced both rears on mine They were around £ 40 each. You have to remove the strut to replace them. They are held on with a stainless ring at either end. Any problems locating them just let me know so I can search for the receipts and part numbers.
  9. wizzman

Coilover conversion on my SL500

I’ll come and collect your pile of scrap parts for free !!!!
  10. wizzman

SL 500 2003

Go on the internet. You can get a ball joint for £ 120 usually. The strut needs to be removed to allow the old one to be pressed out. Some other members prefer the other method of having resin pumped in to the worn joint to take up the play but personally I would always go for a new ball joint...
  11. wizzman

"Steamy Windows" SL R230... and we 'aint talking Tina Turner!

Mine is bone dry inside but anytime I go out with the AC off the screen mists up. So it is never off now. Looks like your main problem is the girlfriend:)o_O:eek:
  12. wizzman

Sealing PSE Pump - SL500

I think it’s all four nuts removed and that allows you to manoeuvre the whole assembly up without disconnecting anything. The foam support comes off as top half and bottom half I seem to recall. Then you will see the space where you need to place the packing wood or whatever material you use...
  13. wizzman

Sealing PSE Pump - SL500

The foam encapsulates the pse module which has printed circuit boards which do not like moisture. The foam sits on the boot floor so even a shallow pool of water is quickly soaked up. Gradually this moisture will wreck the pse unit. I removed my unit and removed the foam and dried it thoroughly...
  14. wizzman

Comand manual R230 2002

Ok, try this if all else fails. Disconnect your batteries, rear first and then the under bonnet one. Then reconnect on the stroke of midday or is it midnight ? Then the dash clock will read the correct time.
  15. wizzman

ABC help please

Hi, I am thinking back to what Alister said about removing the sensor requiring strut disassembly but I seem to recall just releasing three sort of spring clips and pulling the sensor up and out of the strut. Have you tested the ohms reading between the three terminals on the sensor ? My faulty...
  16. wizzman

Comand manual R230 2002

Good luck with setting your clock. Even with a manual it’s usually impossible !!
  17. wizzman

And so it begins.. tackling r230 wheel arch rust.

And get a new bellows on that strut while you’re all jacked up :(:shock:
  18. wizzman

The silver paint is just hammerite silver to keep the moisture out whilst the other jobs are being completed. Will remove it when l am ready to fill and paint although it will stay on the inner panels because it’s a good match to my body colour. On yours always apply filler to bare clean metal...
  19. wizzman

Here’s a couple of brands that l have recently been using. Something won’t allow me to send the images so the first is EVERCOAT EASY SAND and the other is NOVOL body filler 1000 . Texture like smooth cream and rubs down beautifully. Got my outer arch section back on now so I know l am feeling...
  20. wizzman

Have found some of the cheaper fillers in the past, once they go off, it’s like rubbing a piece of granite down :( Sounds like your on the game anyway pal. Just get every tiny bit of rust off before you put anything back on.

ALL MBO Club members qualify for 15% discount on second hand parts.Please see MBO Members’ Area for discount codewww.dronsfields.com
Top Bottom