Search results

1. K

Intermittent fault. C230 W203 - solved - perhaps?

I can't find the original thread [due to the Forum change?] but I posted a query on here almost 2 years ago concerning the EML and a fault code that basically stated that Bank 2 was too rich. Sometimes I would clear the fault code. Sometimes it would go after 5 restarts. Sometimes it wouldn't...
  2. K

Parent and Toddler Parking.

Some years ago, on the trip down to the Plymouth ferry, I pulled off the Motorway to fill up at a garage just off [was it] Jn 27. This garage had always been cheap for fuel but was undergoing major, and I mean MAJOR refurbishment to the extent that only one pump was operational. With a queue...
  3. K

Parent and Toddler Parking.

I parked in a car park the other evening. Three clear spaces and I picked the middle one. As I'm walking back to my car another motorist pulled into the bay to the left of mine. Not a problem except they weren't straight. Sort of turned in from an angle on right hand lock. As I'm walking back...
  4. K

Speeding in France warning! Roll On Brexit!

Have a look around the area of Lac de Guerledan. Plenty of good dining, boating and water sports. Even artificial beaches, along with Forestry for walks/hiking.
  5. K

Speeding in France warning! Roll On Brexit!

I've been to France since the 80kph limit was introduced. Now whilst a reduction from 90kph to 80kph doesn't sound much, it is '****** boring'. As to not having the resources to display the reduced speed limit signs, certainly, in the part of Brittany that I visit, they were erected, but...
  6. K

Speed camera

Actually, that is not entirely true. The term in the Legislation is 'served' [on the owner] which, in Legalise, means entered into the Postal system. i.e. Someone put it into a Post Box. Not that we have had Postal Strikes in recent decades but, such would account for the terminology. There is...
  7. K

Adblue

Adblue pumps for trucks are slightly different in that the pump nozzle needs to detect a magnet around the tank filler, otherwise it will only dribble out. I wonder if there are any 'cheat' devices on Ebay?:rolleyes:
  8. K

Are Star tips the same as Torx?

Was that with folding (retractable) or non-folding mirrors? Yea. Easy when you know how. Another reason not to leave the mirrors folded when parked. I'd have to look again as to whether 5 or 6 pointed but, if 5, then this...
  9. K

Hazy memory, but I think it was once mentioned on here that it is the same tool as for airbag removal on a VW. I did see a US site that was offering the [supposedly] correct tool but that was £30+. In the end, I never bothered.
  10. K

From memory, on the W203 door mirrors they are 5 pointed and have a centre 'pip' which means the head has to have a hollow centre. Otherwise, there could be a problem with them 'going walkies' when parked and with the mirror folded.:(
  11. K

Whats the silliest thing you have done while driving?

HGV driving. Coupling up to a trailer on a down gradient. I've read/seen so many instances of where this can go wrong and am/was therefore 'anal' about setting the parking brake. Except, I didn't.:oops: Connect lines (air and electrickery), and then go to release the Trailer Brake. Whereupon...
  12. K

Timing chain query

As in cheese!
  13. K

Let down by Tyres on the drive

I use a one/two man band who come to my house. Local firm with the owner being (I believe) a former ATS Manager. I check prices with local suppliers and get him to 'price match' or better. These Internet 'deals' are all well and good and may save a few quid but, for me, it wouldn't be worth the...
  14. K

ML write off rebuild

Not sure in Warks where you are but, a colleague, Worcs but near Warks border, needs the fuel tank on an MG YB repaired. West Mercia Radiators also repair fuel tanks. If not too far away then, "one delivers" and "one collects". Transport costs halved.:) Blimey. Smilies now working!:geek: If a...
  15. K

ML write off rebuild

Can it be re-cored? Plenty of firms which do such. West Mercia Radiators in the Black Country being one of them. Can't be too far from you.
  16. K

sounds from the car.

Gearbox rear mount? Assuming it has one.:cool:
  17. K

NEW SERVER

THAT new?:rolleyes:
  18. K

In my 'shop today, W176 with a pond inside...

An interesting read. Thanks. An alternative to Silicone (which can go hard/brittle over time/temperature changes) is Butyl Rubber. My underscore emphasis. The difference being that if thermal changes breach the contact transition then exposure to air will cause this product to then again...
  19. K

Cheap scanners - are they any good?

£10.99 with free delivery...
  20. K

Seat belt warning light stays on - W203

Not every time, but commonly on a warm day when the car has been parked in a sunny position. I've not yet had it happen when there are two of us in the car. When it first happened I sprayed copious amounts of Contact Cleaner into the seat belt buckle. I am aware that there is a pressure...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom