Search results

1. 5

Air conditioning not covered under MB guarantee it seems.

Bought 3-yr old car from MB Canterbury last January. Recently thought air-con seemed on the weak side. Booked in to same dealership today and on arrival told air-conditioning would not be covered under my 12 months MB guarantee. Even if they simply took a look and did diagnostics it would cost...
  2. 5

What is it about MB cars?

Isn't it interesting, as recently I asked what I thought was a simple question, which was: Can someone tell me the Mercedes equivalent of a Porsche 911 (996) - or if there is one, and how the prices compare. If they do. By post 5 I had all I needed to know and I imagined that would be that...
  3. 5

3 year-old air conditioning going down...

Booked investigation with franchise after long intro. rigmarole with receptionist about phone numbers, email and number-plate details etc., seems 15th June at 11.00 was just about first available pre-arranged slot. When I mentioned "it's under guarantee" along came hesitant reply on lines of...
  4. 5

Hi from the Isle of Man

Welcome. But no, you don't have to take your clothes off to work on the wing mirrors.
  5. 5

Just before I left for France I told my salesman of the potential problem and he suggested contact servicing on return - when I asked about guarantee he said he wasn't sure if it was covered (I indeed expressed surprise). But will report back when I contact service tomorrow.
  6. 5

So, here we have my 3 year old B200 AMG bought in January from a Mercedes dealer with a years guarantee. Just back from France and I reckon A/C is about 50% below par. Obviously this needs checking and I think this should be done under guarantee. If they agree, all well and good - but if...
  7. 5

A full-size spare - wow.

One of the problems when I go to look on ebay for a wheel changing kit Is that specific models are listed - for instance here's one: W203 W209 Mercedes Tool Kit - Jack - Bolts - Tow hook - Wheel Brace And More...
  8. 5

MBUX screen info.

It hasn't happened yet, but does anyone know what happens on the info screen if and when a fuse blows? Does it say what fuse and where located? The book seems to be quite unhelpful on this topic. Also I wonder how rare it is for fuses to blow these days, as I have some fear of it happening!
  9. 5

Porsche compared to Merc.

Can someone tell me the Mercedes equivalent of a Porsche 911 (996) - or if there is one, and how the prices compare. If they do.
  10. 5

Trim change.

The metallic dash of my B200 reflects light when the sunroof is open and it's annoying - quite apart from a matt wood finish looking far better. So I ordered a sheet of peel and stick wood veneer from The Wood Veneer Hub (they have a website) and I'll try to make a template then directly...
  11. 5

Excited newbie

Welcome on board. Tell us what you think of it when you take delivery.
  12. 5

A full-size spare - wow.

Anyone know the correct torque for these 18" alloys - or where to find it, as doesn't seem to be in the book.
  13. 5

A full-size spare - wow.

Correct. Completely matching design and alloy.
  14. 5

A full-size spare - wow.

Sorry - should have said wheel not tyre-changing kit. Yes, that seems exactly what I need (will investigate) - though to be honest at my age I think I'm more likely to rely on the kindness of strangers. But if it's an emergency out in the sticks it might be wise to have everything to hand...
  15. 5

A full-size spare - wow.

I now have a real-life spare in the boot of the B200, complete with matching wheel and tyre (18") which makes me feel happier than using the gunk bottle. So now, can someone please suggest a reasonable tyre-changing kit that's not too space-hungry or heavy or expensive - as of course I'm going...
  16. 5

Tyre pressures

This is interesting. So are you saying that manufacturers now are increasing pressures just to get better scores? For instance for my B200 on 18" tyres the recommendation is 38 psi front and 34 psi rear. But if I preferred comfort, what pressures do people suggest, without sacrificing safety...
  17. 5

Hypothetical breakdown on French motorway.

From what I remember driving in France: if for instance you have a puncture on the motorway you are rescued by the motorway's own service crew who take you and car to the nearest garage. At that point does Mercedes own (RAC?) rescue take over after you've phoned them and take you to nearest...
  18. 5

Advice please for Mr. Overthetop

Great idea if I didn't want to open the roof!
  19. 5

Advice please for Mr. Overthetop

Call me overcautious and probably manic, but as I am due to go to France for two weeks in May I have decided to carry a full size 18" wheel with the same Pirelli tyre as the rest of the car. As (I hope?) it's not necessary to buy an AMG wheel (for weight balance?) I'll go for a standard steel...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom