Search results

1. R

Injector problems

Theres no chuffing from the injectors, there was so I know exactly what you mean but definitely no chuffing, at idle, I don't know if that would change under load? It wasn't like it before but it did sit for 2 or 3 years. I don't know if this would cause maybe the fuel filter to clog? I've...
  2. R

Injector problems

If the injectors were not torqued correctly would this cause such a drastic loss in power. It just feels really lazy. Its blowing white smoke on acceleration now not black any more. Things to note, When I had the wrong injectors in it was blowing lots of black smoke and if I put hand by...
  3. R

Injector problems

yes I do regret such a hasty decision, at the time I feared the worst and jumped to conclusions, hopefully it will be ok. worth draining the system? I guess its already got to the sensitive places by now though. getting rid of the cat was a thought for testing purposes as I have read that...
  4. R

Injector problems

ok update, as Kev555 said, the numbers were mismatched so ordered new set (well second hand) put them in, coded them up with the icarsoft and all is good, now it starts and revs nicely. water leak is kind of sorted, put a tub of K seal through and seemed to stop the leak although I have since...
  5. R

Injector problems

Any help or advice would really be appreciated guys at I'm running out of ideas. Starting to think the replacement injectors are either not the right model or not in great condition. Do injectors once programmed instantly run well or does it need a drive around to calibrate?
  6. R

Injector problems

these pictures show where the water is running down from the heater matrix part I believe then soaking the passenger footwell. first injector picture is one of the original injectors. the second injector picture is one of the replacement secondhand injectors. not sure if these pictures can...
  7. R

Injector problems

Hi all, thanks for your replies. Right where I stand now... I coded the injectors using icarsoft v2. Input the 6 digit code. All seemed to be ok except black smoke. It revs smoothly but chucks out a lot of black smoke as revs start to build. I'll try to upload a picture of existing injectors...
  8. R

Injector problems

Hi all So I have recently changed the injectors in my 04 viano due to it not starting, black death on injector 3. All went well I thought however the replacement second hand injectors although seemed to work the van was kicking out lots of black smoke and running poorly. Do injectors need to be...
Top Bottom