Search results

1. th3h1ghlander

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Mate gave me update on the purchase today. The few parts I had pointed out to the dealership for replacement are taking longer to get in so likely to be weekend of the 17th/18th for collection. Guess at least I have an additional week to prepare for the drive. We need to at least plan somewhere...
  2. th3h1ghlander

Would have thought it would perform and sound nice at stock! Looks lovely BTW. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. th3h1ghlander

Drove mate up to Leeds and back on the weekend to buy a 2019 Tesla Model X P100D. Really easy ride up in the CLS 350cdi , attempted to be fuel efficient and managed more than 50mpg there and back on the motorway sections (who can avoid blasting it between roundabouts in MK?) Also, the CLS hit...
  4. th3h1ghlander

That tread looks like Michelin CrossClimate ;) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. th3h1ghlander

The inappropriate badging thread

Would have been more convincing if the badge was at the right height Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. th3h1ghlander

We’ll be lucky to get off with 3 weeks ban. Feels like it may be more like 4-6weeks at least, hope I am wrong! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. th3h1ghlander

Spent a little portion of today looking for cleaning products online, and some air fresheners. I found some good deals for the cleaning products I want, and I tested my snow foam in a spray bottle and it worked relatively well, so at least I have a potential “non-hose” method to clean the car. I...
  8. th3h1ghlander

Had the car detailed first thing this morning, given the hosepipe ban is coming into effect and I have run out all of my products: snowfoam (Stjärnagloss Snö), car shampoo (Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Auto Wash) , and wheel prep (Autobrite Britegel Gel and Autobrite Purple Rain Fallout...
  9. th3h1ghlander

Gotcha but I am running the pressures 2psi higher in any case as it fits my driving style better. I had checked the pressures again after the car was sitting for 2h and they were still 1.5psi high, so best to average out and drop them a bit in this heat, it wasn’t directly after a “spirited”run...
  10. th3h1ghlander

The inappropriate badging thread

“Remove the badges” ~ Chaotic Neutral Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. th3h1ghlander

A straight wash from a detailer shouldn’t be more than £80-150. Worth tiding you over until the hose ban ends, at least that is my plan :) Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. th3h1ghlander

If you can find a professional detailer you trust, they are a business and should be exempt from hosepipe ban. One good reason to use a pro is that they are likely to use far less water than alternatives. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. th3h1ghlander

After drive this morning for a dog walk in the woods, needed to let 1.5psi out of 3 tyres and pump up one tyre (slow loss of pressure) 5.5psi . Heat and hot tarmac seem to have increased the pressures a little, I must have topped them up on a cooler day before :) . Also needed to buy a bottle of...
  14. th3h1ghlander

Service Manuals

I got one from here a while back: https://downloadworkshopmanuals.com/ It took a very long time to download, and decompress, as the workshop manual system is installed in a virtual machine, but having read through it a bit I could see it was the real deal and was for the correct car I got it...
  15. th3h1ghlander

I need some advice please.

I remember that from early 2000s the BMW diesel 320/520 and 325/525 had engines also prone to timing chains snapping due to bad/misaligned chain guides. Is it really a problem they had not fixed by 2014 (or later?). Hearing the horror stories about these engines “grenading” defo had an effect on...
  16. th3h1ghlander

Cheers! Yup, that rings a bell. Looks like pretty good value for money, better value than Redex although I wonder what the difference in concentration/content/benefit is. I’ll have to order a batch. I still have 3 bottles of Redex left, I’ll likely switch after those. Sent from my iPhone using...
  17. th3h1ghlander

Sorry I have been quiet for the last month chaps. After 500miles the new discs/pads are finally bedded in and braking feels normal again! I relented last night, as prices of fuel seemed as low as they were going to get, so I chucked in £132 @ 185.9/L for the non-premium. Annoyingly I forgot the...
  18. th3h1ghlander

So, driving after bleeding the brakes and filling with DOT 5.1, glad it worked however I have to admit, I am not a fan of the different brake feel that the 5.1 gave the pedal. Indie this morning managed to release the pin (that I couldn’t remove after 2h of trying) in 3 mins. He took the same...
  19. th3h1ghlander

So, today I set about trying to Un-screw the CLS brakes. Got fluid and bleed kits, went through the process, to no avail, brakes still slowly going to the floor despite actually seeing the air bleed out… …then I detected a leak. May have been coming from between the pads or the bleed nipple...
  20. th3h1ghlander

That looks fantastic! Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You lost your key ? Or maybe you need a spare! Your vehicle imobilliser does not respond anymore? WE CAN FIX THEM ALL !! Mobile ! Save Time and Increase Profits With us !
Top Bottom