Search results

1. Brizzle

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

I never gave that a thought. Cheers for the tip :)
  2. Brizzle

Thank you for the advice, DSK. I wasn't aware that crystallisation was still a thing - my only experience of AdBlue was on an older Sprinter van which was stored outside during the winter and used to have crystallisation issues. I had assumed that AdBlue would contain an inhibitor by now.
  3. Brizzle

Put 10 litres of AdBlue in the new-to-me E220 Bluetec. Still needs more to actually fill the tank so I'll be off to Halfrauds again tomorrow.
  4. Brizzle

Early 2016 W212 - How to turn the radio off?

Hi folks, I took delivery of an early 2016 (manufactured in February) W212 Estate yesterday, which is fitted with an NTG5 Comand unit. Driving home from Manchester to Bristol gave me plenty of time to get acquainted with the car and I absolutely love it. BUT having turned on the radio I now...
  5. Brizzle

Android unit

Hi, I fitted an Android head unit to my W204 C-class in June 2022. It was a no-name Chinese job running Android 10 and that had a reversing camera function (and a free dash cam and reversing camera). Although I never fitted the camera, whenever I selected reverse the screen showed me the typical...
  6. Brizzle

E300dh Hybrid

Thanks for all the comments. I didn't find this forum until after I'd posted my question or I may not have bothered to ask :eek: Points well taken and I think I'll stick with a good old diesel :) Back to the search ;)
  7. Brizzle

E300dh Hybrid

Hi folks, wow! it's been a long time since I poked my nose in here. I'm looking to replace my 2009 C Class estate and have my eye on a 2014 E300dh estate with 160,000(ish) miles on the clock. From the pictures I have been sent it looks pretty nice inside and out but I wondered if there are any...
  8. Brizzle

Stereo Upgrade W204 C Class Estate 200 CDI Sport 2011

Hi, I replaced an Audio 20 head unit with an Android unit in my 2009 W204 a few years back. The one I chose looks exactly like the original. Take a look at www.iceboxauto.com and give them a call - they are very helpful.
  9. Brizzle

Swapping HeadUnit W204 has anyone done it?

I have an Android unit in my 2009 W204 that looks exactly like the original MB Audio 20 head and screen. It's getting a bit long in the tooth now as it's Android 5! but it still works. I would probably be in the market to replace it but the car may be going soon in favour of a new one. Take a...
  10. Brizzle

ODB2 Reader

Hi folks, thanks for the prompt responses and suggestions which I will surely look into. The dongle approach looks interesting as long as there is a good one that works with the iPhone. D'oh! Just remembered the car has an Android head unit fitted :)
  11. Brizzle

ODB2 Reader

Hi folks, I've not been on the forum much in the past couple of years - my bad :( My 2009 C220 has had an intermittent amber engine warning light for the last few years (the codes of which suggests a faulty fuel temperature sensor) and despite several components being changed it is still there...
  12. Brizzle

Mercedes VIN Decoder - How to do it yourself

Ditto for iPhones - but not in the Play Store, obviously :)
  13. Brizzle

Even Renault now

Every silver lining has a dark cloud :)
  14. Brizzle

HELP! Dead Car.

I do hope it's the battery, but on mine - same symptoms that went on for several months - it was the ESL and replacing it was rather expensive as it was locked in the wheels straight ahead position when it failed :(
  15. Brizzle

Drove up to Birmingham to pick up some wheels and tyres. 87 miles each way, 60mph average speed @ 41.2mpg ... happy days all round :)
  16. Brizzle

Cyclist/Scooterists with no lights.....(rant)

I'm ex-military and prefer the more direct approach :) Your suggestions are well made and sound like a good idea :)
  17. Brizzle

I don't think you can blame the police. Their numbers have been so savagely reduced that they have to prioritise their time and efforts and minor road traffic infringements are exactly that ... minor. Indeed, there is a slight irony in that the cycling/scootering idiots (and I'm only referring...
  18. Brizzle

Android Head Unit

Oh man, you do help to bring back memories ... not all of them good, either :) I still shoot the odd roll of 35mm film but can't imagine SWMBO allowing me to convert the spare room into a dark room again. She used to go out of the house when I was in there (because of the smell) so it wasn't...
  19. Brizzle

Android Head Unit

Cheers for the link PowertySpec, I will certainly head over there and see what I can see. I haven't been a developer since I sold my dark room chemicals way back in 2008 so maybe life is looking up again :)
  20. Brizzle

Highway Code rule 60 says that flashing lights can be used. Law RVLR Regs 13, 18 & 24 states that front lights must be white and rear ones red.

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom