Search results

1. D

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Build up of condensation inside front windscreen. Does anyone have any recommendations of what/where to check for moisture ingress? Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
  2. D

W211 cooling issue E220CDI

Cheers uncle Benz. Where is that valve located? Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
  3. D

So, started the car from cold and noted with a thermal camera that coolant was going straight to the radiator, so the thermostat was changed. So now the coolant temp gauge is sitting a good bit higher (around the 80C mark), but the cabin still feels cool. Anyone any ideas what to check next? I'm...
  4. D

Thanks for this. Just wondering though, if the stat is fully open, what would cause the cooling fan to come on? Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
  5. D

While driving home today I noticed there was very little heat in the car interior, even when turned up to full heat. When I got out of the car I left it running and had a look under the bonnet. The electric fan was running and the radiator was cold - so cold that I could hold my hand flat on the...
  6. D

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Interested in any responses to this as I'm thinking of getting it for my classic Saab C900. Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
  7. D

MERCEDES E W211 Facelift – Replacing the mirror-mounted turn indicator

Unfortunately I can't see the pictures anymore in this thread on the DIY section and the linked thread can no longer be found. It sounds like it's the right thread I need as I currently have this.... . Questions from me.. Is this the appropriate thread and directions? If so does anyone have...
  8. D

W211 Brakes creaking noise

New pads, discs and a rear offside caliper fitted. All cured. Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
  9. D

Brakes haven't been changed recently. They have just started to creak, and have been doing so for a while. Particularly on the rear calipers Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
  10. D

Hi all When stopping and coming to a halt, or pressing the brake pedal when stopped, there's a lot of creaking noises from the actual brakes themselves. Did anyone know what the issue might be or what remedial steps should be taken to address this? Cheers D Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
  11. D

W211 tyres

Had some Horace (?) on the rear when I bought it. Got ~24k miles out of them. Swapped for Kumho KH31, got 14k from them. Then went for Bridgestone Turanza...11k miles. So sod that, I got some cheap landsails on. Just under 10k on them and they're now showing the wear indicators on them, plus...
  12. D

W211 2009 Audio 20 replacement

Cheers Hank - I noticed that thread already - I want to have everything incorporated in the one head unit to be honest. I had also forgotten about the cradle that I have in the centre console - reading up on that I think that the cradle is just a BT adaptor - which means if I fitted a new head...
  13. D

I was looking at this, as it would suit me probably best with the availability to access iPod, as I have an iPod touch loaded with all my music back catalogue...
  14. D

Just checked and yes, it is Audio 20 on line 523, and no sign of an amplifier on the consist.
  15. D

Thanks for the really detailed response. I'd forgotten that I'd need to install a GPS antenna, plus I'd looked at the double din GPS units and scared myself with the price of them. At least those from a reputable manufacturer like Pioneer or Alpine or such like. How can I tell if I have the...
  16. D

Hi I have a W211, one of the very last ones, with, I think, the audio 20 stereo. I occasionally have issues with connectivity to the microphone when using the telephone. I can turn the radio off and back on again, and that cures it. Or turning the car off and restarting also cures it. Basically...
  17. D

W211 tyres

I had these fitted yesterday. Got two of them for £90 each fitted and balanced. They were rated at A for wet weather grip and A for fuel consumption, and I also looked at some online reviews which were, by and large, favourable. So we'll see how they roll (no pun intended)...... Cheers D Sent...
  18. D

W211 tyres

Anyone got any feedback on continental eco contact 6. I'm thinking about putting a couple on a E220Cdi. It's got the 16" wheels with 225/55 R16 size requirements. I'd appreciate any feedback people may have. Cheers D Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk
  19. D

W211. Moisture in boot.

What is "gummipfledge"? I've seen it referred to on more than one occasion - just wondering what it is? Or is it just a colloquialism for silicone sealant?
  20. D

E220 Saloon 2008 boot not opening

Once the car is unlocked, can you not open the boot normally then? Sent from my HRY-LX1 using Tapatalk
Top Bottom