Search results

1. H

Om642 smoke idle and misfire high rpm

2006 om642 3.0 v6 cdi. Blueish smoke when sat in traffic/slow movement and when foot is flat to the floor at around 3-4k rpm power loss/hesitation/misfire sound coming from the car. No codes to the car and drives fine normally but when you want to put your foot to the floor high rpm the car...
  2. H

OM642 Modifications

Yes, I've been looking at the map sensor aswell as my turbo is limited to 2.4 bar being a hybrid of the standars but the boost pressure is around 2.1 bar, I've read that the map sensor standard is 3 bar so I've ordered a 4 bar map sensor just to get that 0.3 bar extra and have it mapped it. I've...
  3. H

W211 OM642 smoke on idle query

Did you find out what your issue was?
  4. H

I replaced 2 injectors and the smoke has reduced alot. It will still smoke slightly as I have a straight though exhaust from the turbo. I code read it and shut an injector each down on my snapon machine whilst the car was running until the smoke stopped. Found to be no1 and No3 injector
  5. H

This is what im thinking, been driving it and on idle or sat in traffic once it is warm after several minutes it will start to slightly smoke, I have bought an injector spill kit to test the 6 injectors, hopefully this is the issue as I just want to cure it as it drives fine, MPG is good...
  6. H

It's only done it since fitting the new turbo, what other way can be done to check to see if it is injectors?
  7. H

Injectors are fine, no codes coming up and no issues with powe etc and not losing oil so I'm going to take the turbo back under guarantee to be checked over
  8. H

OM642 Modifications

I mean whilst it's on the dyno
  9. H

OM642 Modifications

Might put some slabs in when it goes on the dyno
  10. H

OM642 Modifications

This was the power outlet from the RR dyno, the dip is the wheels spinning on the dyno hahah Recently found that spacing the 02 sensor hasn't helped as it came up with a code which was running the car abit lean. Need to get it back on the dyno to see better figures I think
  11. H

OM642 Modifications

The car had the brabus d6 box on the car when I bought it.
  12. H

So would more then likely be injectors? Is it going to badly damage my engine?
  13. H

I had a thought on the turbo oil seal I put on was a paper style one instead of a metal one? Could this be a turbo oil seal failure as it never smoked before I did this work? With the bonnet open looking where the downpipe to turbo is when I rev it, there is a small amount of smoke which leads...
  14. H

OM642 Modifications

I lke I like the 40mpg, next step if the car fails in the future is to buy a E500 as there cheap and 321 standard :)
  15. H

OM642 Modifications

I have a 2006 E320 OM642 3.0 V6 and have done the following modifications: - Hybrid Turbo from the original turbo, so changed from the original GT2056V to a billet wheel, machined internally etc. - EGR Programmed out of the system, blanks fitted at the back of the system that goes into the...
  16. H

Does it have to be a star? As I have snap on diagnostics available to me
  17. H

Is there anyway of checking them with diagnostics machine or anything without having to take them out and send for testing?
  18. H

I have just changed the PCv valve for a new one, replaced the hose aswell and make sure the clips were on. I have been reading but would blanking the EGR pipe that goes from where the EGR is to the Y pipe of the manifold cause an issue as no codes have come up and I know the B60 exhaust...
  19. H

Was doing it before the remap, sorry didn't clarify that
  20. H

What could I do to check timing? I have access to Snap On Diagnostics?
Top Bottom