Search results

1. rorywquin

Possible EV.

Besides the rust, auto gearbox, 6v batteries under the back seat, parasitic drain and the rubbish acceleration there was nothing to dislike about my ~1967 MGB GT.:)
  2. rorywquin

Possible EV.

Got it - classic (electric conversions)............:);)
  3. rorywquin

Any F1 fans

Yep but the fighting on the weekend had nothing to do with Verstappen, Hamilton or the Dutch. Not sure that many of the the F1 yobs would have watched Drive to Survive and not sure how it would have influenced the behaviour of any supporters. Block bookings, I agree = mob behaviour. Same a a...
  4. rorywquin

Possible EV.

I’m confused. You’re offering insurance on classic EVs?
  5. rorywquin

Any F1 fans

Oh - I decided about 20 years ago that I’d never go to another F1 race. Last one was SPA in the early 2000s, over crowding, bad people, blocked toilets, long lines etc etc & I was there as a business guest in the main grandstand with transport in and out etc. I’d go again but, only as a VIP -...
  6. rorywquin

Any F1 fans

I think are talking about two different things. I’m not a fan of millenials but, in this instance I don’t think we can heap all the blame them. There is a lot of the “wanting to be a star” going on and we are certainly dealing with, what many perceive to be a very selfish generation but...
  7. rorywquin

Any F1 fans

I have not watched many races but have read about the soccer culture creeping into F1 - the Dutch are doing their fair share. However, sadly it is working it’s way into cricket and rugby as well. In rugby it is becoming normal to boo the ref and make a noise during place kicks. When I first...
  8. rorywquin

Any F1 fans

Ferrari disappoint again. Nice to see Riccardo back & in the points. Verstappen untouchable - 14 seconds ahead of LH in 2nd. Soccer “culture" on display with brawling between fans.
  9. rorywquin

Any F1 fans

They did check Verstappen’s car. ;):)
  10. rorywquin

Possible EV.

Agree globally, don’t agree in the UK. There are also other technologies in the pipeline
  11. rorywquin

Possible EV.

EV sales will now slow now with the delay of the ban on new ICE sales, the price of EVs, technology uncertainty, charging point availability, insurance premiums etc. I expect that some of those lovely tax incentives (that make EVs affordable) will also soon disappear. My son switched from an...
  12. rorywquin

Possible EV.

As an aside have you ever tested it? Those packs are usually hugely overrated. I still have a set of heavy duty jumper cables that I used in Oz for all my bush adventures (still brand new and unused). Had a LC200 (lifted & modded for offroad) and Kimberly Karavan and did about 30,000 miles in...
  13. rorywquin

Possible EV.

My wife very nearly burned our house down. She was making prawn crackers when a friend phoned and she forgot about the oil on the cooker. Interior had to be repainted, curtains dry cleaned or replaced, new carpets etc etc. Luckily she’d smelled the smoke and was able to throw the pan out the...
  14. rorywquin

Possible EV.

Oh - I’ll get one eventually:). I’m not convinced with the state of the technology right now. Our old B-Class is doing the job so will run it until it gives trouble and then replace it.
  15. rorywquin

Possible EV.

2017 MB SL400 that spent more time in my garage than on the road. Had the anti-theft, over the air updates, vehicle tracking & location data, link to my phone etc (lock/ open doors, check fuel, tyres send GPS data......etc). It is not the convenience / effort of having to carry a spare battery...
  16. rorywquin

Any F1 fans

You forgot to mention that and the other two were Verstappen and Norris.
  17. rorywquin

Possible EV.

My favourite was “Whoop-Whoop” fictional place used in reference to a remote place ("They live in Whoop-Whoop"). First time I heard it , I asked where it was, much to the mirth of the locals.
  18. rorywquin

Possible EV.

How old was the battey in your ICE car vs the battery in this Taycan. I could leave my ICE car standing for several weeks without any issues. Now we need to carry battery packs to back up the battery packs. How does a car with 80kWh of capacity not have the capacity to maintain the “services”...
  19. rorywquin

Possible EV.

There are always going to be more horror stories about ICE cars because they outnumber EVs by such a huge margin. However using car fires as an example I wouldn't be surprised if EV car fires are proportionally a lot more common than ICE car fires. I think a lot of people are just sick of...
  20. rorywquin

Possible EV.

A lot more ICE cars around by a significant factor.
Top Bottom