Search results

1. D

2000 SLK

Hello Ive been told this is under the incorrect heading I thought under body work would be right ,so where do I list this question Len
  2. D

2000 SLK

Good morning ,Ive recently bought an SLK to restore .The roof was sticking,but Ive adjusted the two cables and its now fine For some reason the two corner plates were in a box and need refitting.Does anyone have the information ,as to how these fit on I know they lift up, when the roof is in...
  3. D

Petrol cap

Hello I`m in the middle of spraying my R170 and most of the car is covered .I noticed yesterday ,the petrol flap wasn`t closed properly, but when I tried to close it,there was a plunger sticking out,which is obviously the locking device for the flap When is this locking pin actuated to lock the...
  4. D

Boot lid lock

Morning Ive removed the boot lock,but it really is seized up,the key will only go in half way,so no chance of it turning .Ive poured some penetrating oil in and wait to see if it frees up At least Im getting somewhere I can now carry on to getting the body work sorted ready to respray
  5. D

Boot lid lock

I have only just started to use the forum as I bought an R170 only ten days ago and Im not sure if I am in the right section. My boot lid will not open ,the button has no resistance. I did fold the cover back last time I opened the boot ,but surely you can have the cover folded back and still...
  6. D

SLK R 170 ROOF

Sorry I forgot to add ,when the release button is pressed there is no resistance.However after several pushes you could feel as though it was engaging,and the boot opened Len-
  7. D

Hello Im len Cottam and I have just purchased a 2000 SLK 230

Thanks I can now cross fingers for an answer Len
  8. D

Hello Im len Cottam and I have just purchased a 2000 SLK 230

Hello I bought a 2000 R170 2 weeks ago ,which needs some work on it It was just the sort of car I was searching for. Now I am a Forum member,which is the best section to ask questions in I know there are a few but Im bound to get the wrong one .Ive found in the past the forum ,is the ideal...
  9. D

SLK R 170 ROOF

While I think checking round the car I found the boot lid ,when the roof isup is difficult to open The button has to be pressed several times as though there is no pressure on it when pushed Is the lock adjustable in any way Len
  10. D

SLK R 170 ROOF

Morning I have just bought an R170 which needs some restoring The roof was sticking,,which Ive cured but when I bought car,the previous owner who I dont think did much on it as things were bodged up to keep running .He gave me a box of bits were are the corner sections of the boot lid Is it...
  11. D

classic insurance

Just buying a 2000 SLK Auto Who are the best people for classic insurance.The quotes are so different Len
  12. D

Mercedes SLK

Thanks for the advice when it trouble go to the forum I believe there are screws either side of the headlining isnt there Len
  13. D

Mercedes SLK

Good morning after selling my last MB a 450 SLC,I have just bought a 2000 SLK As usual there are jobs to do on it,but overall it`s in nice condition.There are the usual small sections of lacquer flaking off and someone has had a poor attempt at respraying the boot lid.The is a main problem,and...
  14. D

Braking system

I have taken the car for a run and the brakes seem a lot better than they have been,since I bought the car.So before I try anthing else ,I will see how they go.Thanks for the replies Len
  15. D

Braking system

I have just clamped the hoses no both front brakes and the pedal is solid and only moves a little when the engine is started and the servo comes in Len
  16. D

Braking system

Iv`e changed those at the same time
  17. D

Braking system

I have a 1980 Mercedes 450 SLC ,the brakes have always had a lot of movement in the pedal ,once the engine is running.I have just replaced the master cylinder and fitted new seals to the front calipers and new pipes.I also bled the cylinder itself when bleeding the brakes.when checking the...
  18. D

MERCEDES C107 BRAKES

THANKS I HAD MY DOUBTS.EXCUSE THE CAPITALS BUT MY KEYBOARD IS PLAYNG UP LEN
  19. D

MERCEDES C107 BRAKES

GOOD MORNING,I HAVE A 1980 C107 THE BRAKES ARE FINE WHEN THE ENGINE IS OFF,WITH A SOLID PEDAL.HOWEVER WHEN THE ENGINE IS STARTED THE PEDAL DROPS QUITE A WAY,FAR MORE THAN I EXPECT IT TO I MUST HAVE BLED THE BRAKES INC THE MASTER CYLINDER SEVERAL TIMES LEN
Top Bottom