Search results

1. Vintage Racer

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Put the 'pano' roof back on for winter.......still looks great though! PXL_20231014_112938102 by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr PXL_20231014_113128676 by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr
  2. Vintage Racer

Would you pay over the top for car that was in exceptional condition

Top cars will always fetch top money......only you need to justify the price! .
  3. Vintage Racer

Had to clean it again......opened the garage and drooled all over it! img_8907_2a (2) by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr
  4. Vintage Racer

R129 - Opened garage door........drooled over it........now need to clean it again! :eek: .
  5. Vintage Racer

Any F1 fans

FIA Approve Russian drivers participation in global motorsport! wecom@fia.com Above is their email address. I call on on all Motorsport Fans to bombard this email address with messages confirming that we DO NOT support this action. At a time when the whole of mankind is under threat from...
  6. Vintage Racer

Oh Deer...

You might find this useful...... https://www.butterwouldntmelt.com/2017/04/22/butterflied-muntjac-leg/ .
  7. Vintage Racer

Any F1 fans

What wonderful news.....a true legend! https://www.thedrive.com/accelerator/43581/alex-zanardi-released-from-hospital-18-months-after-paracycling-crash
  8. Vintage Racer

Any F1 fans

FIA............'Fixing' it all. Utter farce...........a 'race director' who does not know the rules, so makes them up! :mad::mad::mad: This will end up with the lawyers! .
  9. Vintage Racer

Forgive me for I have sinned...

Could have been worse..........you could have gone electric! :eek:
  10. Vintage Racer

Classic MB's and Classics in general

Neither of mine leak..........but then they never go out in the rain! :cool: triumph-tr3a-03-1443620887-2ba59fc9 by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr img_8907_2a (2) by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr
  11. Vintage Racer

Should garages make money on parts?

The whole point of a garage buying at trade prices and charging at retail, is to make money. They also have to spend a lot of money with a supplier to achieve that price. All garages have overheads to cover and anyone who is not making a profit, is not running a business........they are running...
  12. Vintage Racer

R. I. P Sabine Schmitz

Terribly sad news.....RIP Sabine
  13. Vintage Racer

Cliff Richard's R230 SL500

He's ok during the day, but keeps getting 'Miss You Nights'. :D
  14. Vintage Racer

R129 Sl what year to buy

Personally, I would not bother too much about what year it is........the important thing, is whether it has been maintained correctly or not! My 2001 is totally rust free, but has been cosseted from new. Ensure that whatever you buy has a 'full' service history and has preferably been garaged...
  15. Vintage Racer

2001 - R129 Heater Blower not working

Heater blower stopped working yesterday - control unit shows changes on fan speed when altered and vents are cold, but nothing coming through vents. I have changed the 30 amp fuse in the fuse box (which looked ok anyway), but nothing. Don't really want to take it to my local MB dealer here in...
  16. Vintage Racer

Some pictures from my good old days.....

I did not always get it right.......maybe I should have been behind the LENS on this occasion. After a 'Double axel' and 'Triple toe loop', I ended up being cut out of the car! IMG_1754 by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr
  17. Vintage Racer

First drive this year today......here in France, lockdown has finally ended (been relaxed). img_8900_2a by Glynn Hobbs, on Flickr
  18. Vintage Racer

Any F1 fans

This is so sad.... https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ronnie-peterson-grave-desecrated-sweden/4775277/?nrt=54
  19. Vintage Racer

Electric cars..been reading on the other forum...I have some thoughts

Thank f**k i'll be dead before I need to buy one..........in the meantime, i'm off to take the V12 for a run! :D
  20. Vintage Racer

Whats the most ridiculous MOT failure you have seen..

Try living in France............failed for having number plates fitted with bolts.......they should be riveted!! :mad:

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom