Search results

1. Z

R230 2003 SL350 Water Pump change

Thanks, seems in good condition and whilst it is 18 years old it has only just covered 40K miles. Not sure if they are like timing belts and have age related atrophocation ?
  2. Z

Hi having got the same problem on my SL350 I wondered how many hours it took the garage for £100 cost pls? was it straightforward and lasted ? which aftermarket pump did you buy - I have just bought a Febi Bernstein pump with 3 yr warranty
  3. Z

Hi TV, I was wondering if you could send me a link to the pump replacement for an Sl350 R230 please? How long would a garage take to do the work would you guess? I have the same problem as Kimpy but mine has lost the coolant already and wobbles violently after last long journey with just coolant...
  4. Z

2004 sl350 with a catastrophic consumer drain

I have a 2004 sl350 with a catastrophic consumer drain on it - I was told it could well be linked to my alarm siren which no longer works and will require a new one as the battery acid will have knackered the old siren- shame they didn't design them to have a battery changed so it wont wreck the...
  5. Z

Do I win a prize for the most fault codes?

thanks do they need coding to my vehicle do you know?
  6. Z

R230 Replacement Alarm Siren

Hi did you get your professionally fitted? I heard they might need coding in to your car?
  7. Z

Alarm siren replacement - SL500

Hi Can I ask which wheel arch is it behind-UK drivers or passenger side? - is there a generic part or does it have to be Mercedes part? does it need a garage to code it to my car? Many thanks
  8. Z

Do I win a prize for the most fault codes?

Hi Trev we share the same name, same birth year (but born opposite sides of Manchester) and more recently the same battery probs on our same cars - touche ! I replaced rear with a non MB battery which I regret now , but of my recent scan I have 16 faults on my car and 49 stored faults-Went...
  9. Z

R230 Roof flap problem

Another post had a fix where he glued on a thinnish strip of lead to weigh the flap down and into place when driving - seems a plausible fix
  10. Z

Engine Amber Warning Light

Many thanks John for your thoughtful advice- I have contacted them and they are 90% sure that it is the crankshaft sensor which has failed (its a common problem which they have dealt with on many occasions) an OEM internet part is around £25-35 and it should be done within an hour, so not the...
  11. Z

Engine Amber Warning Light

Hi I have engine light on and it seems to be overheating (ie guage at and recently died at a roundabout in busy traffic- eventually fired up and got me home- my number is WDB2304672F078906 - does this mean it is a gear problem - sorry im not tech savvy- if so what aspect of the gear system is...
  12. Z

R230 Roof flap problem

Is it easy enough to get under the fixed cover side to screw in the hinge? I couldn't see how this is done very easily ?

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom