Search results

1. Wabby

New Car Advice

I heard that on the V1 auto pilot but this has the V2. Keeps you dead centre in the lane ... allegedly.
  2. Wabby

New Car Advice

D4 in R-Design with a few other options. They have all the active cruise etc as standard which shocked me.
  3. Wabby

New Car Advice

Well, I will be collecting a V90 at the weekend Many thanks to the guy who made the suggestion
  4. Wabby

New Car Advice

Yeah, I saw that. I keep looking for the solid merc badge like on my c class as that denotes if its got it (I think)?
  5. Wabby

New Car Advice

Like the look of the CLS but the boots a fair bit smaller than I would like. My car is on for MOT and service @ Mercedes tomorrow so I will have a skeg around the forecourt whilst I am there. I am getting drawn to the E estate tbh, but I am struggling to find ANY with Distronic Plus. Going from...
  6. Wabby

New Car Advice

Cheers. Very insightful. My old man has a Passat so was going to look at those also. The 5 has been discounted - came to MB from BMW and BMW havent moved forward since so not going backwards. Ill have a cheeky skeg at some V90’s online as I just seen on in traffic and they look like they might...
  7. Wabby

New Car Advice

Any E estate owners in? 2017 > onwards? The time has come to move on my immaculate c 250d coupe and I am looking at the E estate and A6 avant currently. What are they like in premium plus guise? Spec wise? This also means my c250d coupe (66 plate, MY17) may be going up for sale privately as...
  8. Wabby

Changing wing mirror LED on a c205

You dont need to remove the glass. You can press the clips holding the cover off (x3 of 4) with a long flat head screwdriver by carefully moving the mirror about. Fr there remove the camera (if you have 360) using a t10 torx. Unplug and wiggle the dead led out. Put all back together.
  9. Wabby

Just incase anybody else runs into this. Its a 20 minute job first time. 5 minutes if you have done one before. Mercedes quoted me £145+VAT to change it. I bought the part for £30 delivered (genuine Merc) and now it works perfectly. They have changed the part to a newer style so I might...
  10. Wabby

Has anybody done this DIY yet? Car is 3 weeks out of warranty and I just noticed the passenger side one is dead :eek:
  11. Wabby

C Class seat recall?

Anybody else got the letter about recall for backrest frame and driver and passengers front seats? I assume coupe only? Going to ring them to book in now. Sounds like it could be quiet serious. Ref SRPC1817
  12. Wabby

C class Front bumper differences

I think the two fins of trim in the foglight area is a 2018 model+ thing. I have a MY2017 C250 Premium Plus and it doesn't have them.
  13. Wabby

C class queries if anyone can help please.

Oh but you do. No other way of removing the motor unfortunately. Whole dash, including the centre console where the wheel is and the storage box. Biggest job ever for a cheap vent motor.
  14. Wabby

C class queries if anyone can help please.

The fan noise from the left hand vent is a PIA. They ripped my full dash out under warranty so solve (Dread the think the cost) and replaced. Every single loan car I have had has had the same issue. MB seem reluctant to actually solve as it does involve removing dash to get to it. Greasing it...
  15. Wabby

New kit in the workshop.

But ... But ... But ... Its an Asus 1u Rack Server. £1599.50 for the privilege of Mercedes?
  16. Wabby

What Waxes and Polishes do you use?

I've never polished a car so cannot comment. Clay Bar always leaves my car feeling Butterly smooth, ready for the first big wax coat of the year. Removed the iron filings we get around here as well (At least most of them).
  17. Wabby

What Waxes and Polishes do you use?

I don't polish but I do wax. Clay Bar first this time of year, to clean up any contaminates / fall out. Collinite 476s for me.
  18. Wabby

How do I replace a failed LED on drivers door handle S205

Mercedes took my door cards off when they changed mine under warranty.

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom