Search results

1. weds

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

In 1 too....
  2. weds

Self level suspension fails to rise CLS Shooting Brake

Thanks good news... It's quite simple, 2 air inflatable bags instead of springs, an air compressor to inflate them and a level sensor connected the suspension arm to adjust the height also an air solenoid to add or release air from the air bags. Put a heavy load in the back, car goes down, level...
  3. weds

When my link arm broke the car went fully inflated, I drove it for a few miles but it was so uncomfortable and possibly doing damage I got it trailered home ( I still had about 20 miles to go)
  4. weds

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

No idea today....
  5. weds

Sound even more like the sensor link has come off. There plastic and prone to break (mine did) replaced with stainless steel ball joints. I thought you might be able to see them through the wheel but i've just had a look and you'll need to pop the wheel off to see them, there's one each side not...
  6. weds

Usually if the car is this low there would be a 'car raising please wait' (or something similar) on the dash. Can you hear the compressor running under the rear bumper ? I wonder if the link arm for the level sensor has fallen off. Then the ECU wont know how high or low the car is but will...
  7. weds

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

Got the make but couldn't remember the model..
  8. weds

Cardle - Daily Car Quiz

In one today, I should do as I have one....
  9. weds

Carrying a bike in a 2016 E Class Estate

I can fit my Specialized Levo in my E Class estate in one piece, but I usually take the wheels off because then I don't have to take the load cover out. And also its heavy to drag in and out of the car.
  10. weds

CTEK MXS 5.0 Battery Charger Reduced Price

I've 2 of them, yes they're great....
  11. weds

B service cleared now A service showing

Try https://www.stevensonsmercedeskent.co.uk/ or https://www.mbsmobile.co.uk/contact/
  12. weds

2011 212 E350 CDi Estate rear suspension too high maybe..

Thanks for that I, that's a thought does sport mode lower the rear suspension ? I only have the Man/Sport/Eco button. I made a bit of a cockup and bought 2 right hand Aerosus units, my Indy was fitting them but I didn't realise and neither did they till they tried to fit the L/H side with a R/H...
  13. weds

2011 212 E350 CDi Estate rear suspension too high maybe..

I have a 2011 212 E 350 CDi Estate, I think the rear suspension is too high. Due to the rear dropping I have had both the rear bellow units replaced and the air lines. that cured the problem dropping then later on I had a link arm snap on the level sensor. I replaced both sides and set them the...
  14. weds

S212 still dropping overnight.

I had a sagging rear end :) Changed the air bags and solenoid, no difference, did the same as you soaked the airlines with leak detector with nothing found, changed the air lines and it stopped sagging.
  15. weds

A little mistake BIG price.

A nice explanation of a 'simple' fault. But rather sort sighted of BMW in not making the 2 plug and sockets different, I suspect its because the solenoids are both the same. I also watch the 'South Main Auto' channel, he goes through his thought process in diagnosing problems with cars.
  16. weds

B service cla shooting brake

I doubt it, unless they're doing a pad change..
  17. weds

Monaco Historic Grand Prix

The whole weekend is on YouTube, qualifying on sat and racing on Sunday, over 8hrs a day...
  18. weds

Mercedes E350 CDI Estate Stage 1 Tuning!!!

Very impressed, very tempting..:)
  19. weds

CLS shooting brake advice - Roof bar options - CLS Shooting Brake X218 2015 (and a few other CLS questions)

Just hook your foot underneath the pedal and lift it up, there are loads of reported problems with the footbrake. In the warmer weather it'll go away and you'll forget about it till next year..

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom