Search results

1. MalcQV

Help me choose a car?!?!

I have a new (September 2018) 2018 CLA 200, on a PCP. C117. It's a 1.5 [low pressure?] turbo with a meagre 156bhp. I think of it as wheezy but coupled with the 7 speed DCT it is around 7.5 seconds to 60. Plenty enough for me. It is the quickest daily car I have owned. Far outshines my previous...
  2. MalcQV

Any F1 fans

Astra1 is the one a Sky dish is pointed at is it not? I have bought a Humax satellite receiver but not yet plugged it in :D
  3. MalcQV

Pray its 1st of April

Other than Range Rovers I have not come across a single SUV I would own. Ferrari need to do this (apparently) to make money. Despite being a keen fan of Italian cars I'd never consider one if I could afford it. I still think this Autocar picture is artits (deliberate) impression/render anyway...
  4. MalcQV

Any F1 fans

I've cancelled all my Sky subscriptions (too expensive and other than F1 never used). So next year or rather this year it is highlights on Channel 4 for me.
  5. MalcQV

BMWi8

Thanks for the update (goes off to look at secondhand prices) comes back again to find still quite a lot of money :D edit:- Actually the cheapest one I saw was £41k not actually that bad. However that might be a terrible car...
  6. MalcQV

Any F1 fans

My one and only Grand Prix was Monza in 2010.
  7. MalcQV

PCP, HP or owning your car outright

5 of my 27 were Rover cars. I worked in the CAD/CAM dept at Warwick University it was part of Warwick Manufacturing Group and private entity set up by the university from what I recall. Anyway we were on the 'Rover Scheme' and like you I did at least 50k/year for the 2½ years and as they weren't...
  8. MalcQV

Top Trumps now then :p Ferrari 360 Modena (outright, and has so far made a healthy profit ;)) BMW Z3 (outright cheapy :D) PCP on my CLA of course. I do however have a mortgage because I divorced and had to half start again. My PCP allows me to buy the car at the end of the term if I wish...
  9. MalcQV

I have three cars and own two outright. Those are old cars, though one is worth almost 2.5x what the CLA was new. My CLA is in a PCP and it is the first ever car I have obtained that way. I can buy it at the end of the term but after 3 or 4 years I will be bored with it. I paid for servicing for...
  10. MalcQV

Any F1 fans

No real sympathy. Lost a loved one or close friend or a serious illness then I understand but he hasn't. Drama is all it is.
  11. MalcQV

Active parking assist

Thanks for that. I can't recall now if it was auto or manual
  12. MalcQV

5 SLR's in one person's garage!

Maybe Rover had QC problems. Some were and some weren't :D
  13. MalcQV

The 618 I had (brand new being a lease car) was as the four previous 400 series Rovers were, faultless. That said I only had them for 7 months (40k) at the most. As for power, neither it or the Hondas I replaced it with were particularly powerful. I never have had a Yo-Vtec.
  14. MalcQV

Second car choice and/or motorbike

My PCP on the CLA is 10k. I used to do 14k (I say used to because it seems this year it was only 12.5k). Based on the 14k at the end of my PCP (4 years) I would owe about £2.5k IIRC on the excess mileage. Using man maths (which will undoubtedly fail anyway regardless of mileage) I decided I...
  15. MalcQV

Active parking assist

I tried it in a Ford S-Max Titanium I hired earlier this year. Reverse park into a parking space e.g. supermarket. I tried it just once and never again. I'm not sure it could stop by itself o_O
  16. MalcQV

My Next car

I currently have my CLA on a PCP which after 3 or 4 years I could purchase the car. However I WILL be bored by then and have no intention whatsoever of keeping it. I am concerned (and have been for sometime) about new cars and the electrickey employed on them. I would not own a car 5 years old...
  17. MalcQV

Exactly. Buy something different. Only once in life did I replace one car with one the same. My then wife twisted my arm up my back. Never since have I ever bought the same model again. Out of 22 personal cars just two were the same. I did work for Warwick University many years back and they...
  18. MalcQV

This weeks bargain

They have been doing it for a while... https://www.supercars.net/blog/1964%E2%86%921967-ferrari-500-superfast-2/
  19. MalcQV

Which car vacuum cleaner ?

I thought this was an EV car thread :p

Stop looking for the Best Garage!! We are here and have the best advanced solutions for you, at Competitive prices. Put us to test with any issue you may have.
Top Bottom