Search results

1. P

So Long, And Thanks For All the Help!

Conductor Plate, closely followed by 2ndhand gearbox. All suspension arms. Both thermostats. High pressure diseasel pump. AC condenser etc. Steering rack. Starter motor. Gear selector. Full discs, pads & parking shoes. Not to mention normal MOTs, tyres and a major service because everything...
  2. P

I did, there was was never any alternative in my mind :-)
  3. P

It's just over 4 years since I bought my 2002 W203 C220CDi Aventegarde Estate, aka Zer Black Panzer, for the princely sum of £500! Suffice to say that she's proved the old "there is no such thing as a cheap Mercedes" in the form of about £6500 of bills for non routine repairs in the excellent...
  4. P

Looks like I'll be filling up 15L of vegetable oil from now on...

In answer to the original question. We used bio diseasel and or vegetable oil at ratios up to about 70% for years with no ill effects beyond the cloying smell. This was in a 1998 Citroen Zantia 1.9 Turbo Diesel though. The engine was still going strong when the car was sold on at 230,000 miles...
  5. P

Jump Start Li Battery Pack.

And an update! I have carried out a fairly controlled discharge on my "20"AH Sauoki jump starter pack, while monitoring pack voltage and discharge current. The reality is that my 20AH Li battery, when discharged via the jump start leads is all out at 9AH or even a bit less! So there it is, by...
  6. P

Update. I have applied a few idle hours and my trusty Fluke multimeter to the task and have concluded that the little battery charge indicator is hopelessly pessimistic in terms of the actual state of charge of the battery, but probably deliberately so! Started by fully charging the unit until...
  7. P

batteryuniversity.com
  8. P

Absolutely John, it doesn't to me either, hence the post :-) All numbers are approximate guestimates too, I didn't time anything with a stop watch, or measure voltage and current. I reckon that it was about 6hrs to full charge, and full charge was confirmed by me using the unscientific method of...
  9. P

Which is pretty much what happened to mine :-) It could just be simple case of the % indicator isn't able to tell the truth unless there is some load on the battery.
  10. P

When I get an idle few hours I will have to get all skyentifik with my trusty multimeter on the lil orange devil in the hope of discovering whether the battery is not all that's claimed, or the little % meter is hopelessly pessimistic. I'll be back ;-) Thanks chaps.
  11. P

W203 Mirror "Motor Caps"

UPDATE :-) The replacement motor caps arrived, a left and right pair, and I have been able to use the left one to repair my spare mirror. It is quite fiddly and I had to enlarge the drive exit hole quite a lot to get the final worm drive gears and shaft in. I wouldn't recommend it as a job if...
  12. P

Quite, either the indicator is wrong or the battery capacity is about 1/3 of that stated! The charger output is 1amp as I said in my original post, and 1 amp for 6hrs cannot recharge a full discharged 20AH battery. My suspicion is that the indicator could be deliberately wrong to protect the...
  13. P

Not completely, the effective capacity varies according to a few factors, mainly discharge rate. Capacity is often quoted at the 20 hour discharge rate, which means that at 1amp discharge a 20AH battery will last 20 hours, but it will not last 1 hour at 20 amps, far less in fact. Conversely 1/2...
  14. P

It clearly can not, which was what my question was driving at :-) Either the actual capacity is about a quarter of the stated or the indicator is VERY pessimistic, intentionally or otherwise.
  15. P

I recently bought a Suaoki 20AH emergency jump start unit, used it for the first time while camping at a festival this weekend and something odd happened. It started at 100% charge on the LCD gauge, I used it to charge a mobile phone three times and that dropped the charge indicated to below...
  16. P

W203 Mirror "Motor Caps"

Update, I have ordered a motor cap via ebay, will report back. ;-) Thanks everyone.
  17. P

W203 Mirror "Motor Caps"

As most of the top half of the cap is AWOL, probably not.
  18. P

W203 Mirror "Motor Caps"

Hi Guys, Thanks for getting back to me :) The ebay mirror has the same problem as the one on my car, the motor cap is a two piece plastic moulding which contains the worm drive gearing which drives the quadrant & pinion gear which folds the mirror. As all the other structural parts are fairly...
  19. P

W203 Mirror "Motor Caps"

Hello again chaps, I have a 2002 W203 Class with power folding mirrors, the left one has had a knock and the power fold no longer works, but the motor does run. I have neatly taped it in the correct position and recently bought, on ebay, another complete mirror with the same problem (very...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom