Search results

1. MBGB

SAVE THE PLANET BUT AT WHAT COST TO OTHER MB OWNERS

Glad I started the thread, as it has been really interesting to hear members views and also refreshing to see where we all are in respect of either, a twist or stick into the electric market.........................must go................................... off for a drive in my SL350 before the...
  2. MBGB

;) Spot on............................for God's sake don't do what LABOUR advocated a number of years ago on good advice and buy a Diesel................be keeping mine too practical not to. Be good to see a Tesla towing a caravan, they say the Model X can with lots of its inherant technology...
  3. MBGB

Totally agree.......be interested to see when and where those with electric cars pay their dues!! Perhaps its when they try to dump their batteries!!!
  4. MBGB

SL 350 R230 difference between Service A & B

I think a lot of people go back to FORD or other basic vehicles where chips never got a look in, just pure, well trained mechanics looking after them rather than a computer telling them what to do. That why people dissapear from sites I think !!!
  5. MBGB

Because .................................she is a child, and yes they too have to stand up for their futures, but they have to see, cars are not the ONLY polution risk to this planet. Cutting millions of acres of rain forest would be my first port of call and stop it forthwith..........some...
  6. MBGB

Mark, Totally agree with that they are great and the reason I bought a newer one with all its issues, it is a breed apart. Unlike when I sold my JPS MK2 Ford Capri I'm keeping this until I get in my box and hopefully get my money back and some ha ha!!
  7. MBGB

Just thought I would add my point toa thread that was akin to the subject rather than start a new one........how time flies lol
  8. MBGB

Not wishing to start Miss Thumberg banging her drum, but I have just paid £615 vehicle excise for my 2014 SL350. Yes I fully understand that figure is derived from the V5 and the original emissions reading printed in it and the tax has slowly risen every year, but when I see electirc cars...
  9. MBGB

NEVER had a stamp anywhere, just an itemised invoice from MB. My local garage now do all the work I need as the Mercedes dealer is hopeless and I don't say that lightly.
  10. MBGB

SL350 2011 WIPER ISSUE

Hi, It was the ignition switch and paid for by Mercedes finally. Apologies for not making that clear in my earlier post. Stay Safe
  11. MBGB

SL350 REAR BOOT GLASS LIFTER SWITCH

Thanks I'll try that one........I'll be in the good books as my wife has never had an issue with it in the past, so it could be that of course. I'll report back, have a good weekend.
  12. MBGB

SL350 REAR BOOT GLASS LIFTER SWITCH

Just wondering if anyone knows from experience....................illuminated red switch on rear panel, to lift the glass/roof when its in the boot to use the boot space. 2011 SL wondering if there's a fuse or its a case of changing a failed selonoid? Nothing in the manual at all about it not...
  13. MBGB

SL350 BRAKES

They were totally open about their error, but as my old car of 2007 (same model) had a personalised plate on it, they entered that number and did not check the VIN against what they had in front of them a 2014 SL350. Easily done, but its cost them dearly. Germany won't take the new SBC unit back...
  14. MBGB

SL350 BRAKES

I have to say, NEVER again will I darken the steps of a MB dealership. I have an Indy who is brilliant but he is moving location so it was the best option at the time to get the car back up and running, but I never thought it would take them a month to realise they were looking at an old VIN...
  15. MBGB

SL350 BRAKES

Well, the end part of the story...................... a brand new SBC unit, FREE service, FREE MOT
  16. MBGB

SL350 BRAKES

SBC unit fitted.....surprise, surprise, all warning lights out and car is fine. Collect it on Monday morning. Guess what I won't be paying for...........labour and other stuff.
  17. MBGB

SL350 BRAKES

You couldn't make it up...............at least they said it was an admin error where someone picked up a simply old chasis number for an "SL" on my files and wrote it down. From there EVERYBODY followed it on ordering parts. I bet the company who refurbish the SBC's must have been in melt down...
  18. MBGB

SL350 BRAKES

Ok.................I got a call today, admitting they had been using a previous chasis number of a same model car I had owned on file with a personalised number plate, to obtain the three trial refurbished SBC units and the probable cause of the ESP light not wanting to play. Having got three...
  19. MBGB

SL350 BRAKES

Update: New SBC unit arrived from Germany, the ESP light is still on. I gave the guys the UK trainers name at MK and left them to talk to him for his views. I believe, and have always believed its a voltage problem, so I await the next phase of this ongoing saga
  20. MBGB

SL350 BRAKES

Matthew, Have you got his dets please, as I do have someone local, but he is always swamped sorting out Mercs. Doesn't look great for the training of these lads. Last time it went to the head UK trainer at Milton Keynes to sort it, and he found a voltage drop on a similar problem..........the...

Welwyn Merx Limited is a family run business with genuine passion, dedication and 25 years of experience dealing with Mercedes-Benz and AMG passenger cars.
Tel: 01707 395999www.welwynmerx.uk
Top Bottom