Search results

1. SRE

Help! Wont Start and stuck in Park!

Really glad you got this sorted. Definitely not helped by the botched rewire. I am all for bypassing things to isolate a fault but returning them back to standard if it doesn't solve the problem is essential. Thankfully you found it and was then able to identify the faulty module.
  2. SRE

The front left SAM unit (under the front left fuse box) had failed. There was no sign of water damage or burnt out components but the failed unit meant that numerous circuits were unable to communicate (including the diagnostic socket!). A new SAM unit fitted and coded to the car solved the...
  3. SRE

Smart phone Battery Monitor - multiple batteries

There are a few different designs available on amazon or ebay with apps that can register multiple monitors but they all seem to suffer from very poor bluetooth range. I'm still looking for one that I don't have to go outside and walk around the cars and motorcycles.
  4. SRE

Front Convertible Leaking Roof SL55.

I have been suffering from the occasional drip falling on the front seat from the corner of the windscreen/roof seal. The drips have become more frequent in the recent heavy rain so this morning I set out to Gummipflege the roof seals before winter sets in. On close examination, I noticed a...
  5. SRE

Finally resolved! A new left front SAM unit has solved the issue. STAR had been unable to communicate with the engine and ESP systems and the garage was worried that there might have been an issue with the EIS unit but got a call yesterday to say that they had fitted the new SAM and everything...
  6. SRE

Still waiting to hear from the indie... they were booked up until the end of the month but promised to fit it in as soon as they can so hopefully they will get to look at it soon.
  7. SRE

I'm hoping it's not a fried ECU - That's way beyond my capability and I daren't think what a replacement will cost me. On Monday I checked out all the fuses and fuse boxes. Everything seemed fine and there is no sign of water ingress/damage anywhere or any corrosion. I decided it was time to get...
  8. SRE

Not sure how we would get it onto and across the gravel drive while locked in Park so was hoping to avoid that option if possible.
  9. SRE

Thanks for that. Interesting viewing and does look similar to my problem. I will definitely be pulling all the fuses and making sure there is a good contact.
  10. SRE

OK, I just found a circuit diagram for the internal layout of the 6 pin brake light switch and have tested the original that I swapped out and all is ok so I guess the next move is to get over there tomorrow and go through all the fuses.
  11. SRE

Thanks Dreamer, I had checked out some of the youtube stuff and have just watched the one you posted. They all seem to apply to a car that starts ok but wont shift. My engine isn't turning over (or even attempting to).
  12. SRE

I'm not sure they find it that funny... I'm quite sure they are fed up with it being in the way already! Like most things, it is great when it is working (which it had been with no problems) but they are just so damned complicated - there's too much that can go wrong. Long gone are the days when...
  13. SRE

I considered the "broken quadrant" problem but listening carefully, I can't hear the solenoid trying to unlock it when pressing the brake pedal and this wouldn't, from my understanding, explain the other problems (ESP, ABS, Fan, OBD Port). It is, I am sure an electrical problem somewhere and...
  14. SRE

I dropped the SL500 (R230) off for it's MOT the other day. At lunch time I got a call from the garage saying that they had got in it to take it into the testing bay and it wouldn't start. The car had been running fine and always starts immediately so wasn't sure what the problem could be but...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom