Search results

1. CJD

I really cant decide and need help and advice

CL looks lovely - and to my eye definitely the better car out of those two.
  2. CJD

Well this confirms no more C63 amg

We always have this scenario, when engine cylinders get downsized - superchargers are replaced / superseded with turbos etc etc. It was the same when Porsche went to water cooled and then the horror of 4 cylinder turbos etc etc. But after everything calms down, and people who aren't dyed in the...
  3. CJD

NOX Sensor Fault - Goodwill Gesture?

It all depends upon your local MB dealer. I had them replaced FOC on my e350 at 4 years old. It did have full MB history though - the dealership told me they personally replace them all FOC if the car has full service history.
  4. CJD

How much for an MOT pass...?

The upgraded ceramic single row bearing is going to cost fair bit by itself. I had mine done as a precautionary matter - needn't have bothered - the original was still like new - but for peace of mind it was worth it.
  5. CJD

A terrible case of bad luck... breakdown cover!!

Surely you can tax it online now, then all will be OK when you arrive at Holyhead, for the recovery guys?
  6. CJD

DIY servicing impact on resale.

It will always come down to who you are looking to sell to / trade in against. No matter what all the other answers say - I have always been asked if my car has a full service history come time to trade it in. Mind you my cars are fairly new - so I can't truthfully say how much it would...
  7. CJD

C200 Servicing - Glasgow

I would say, that if your ATF is due this year stick with the MB service plan. It's pretty good value when either the ATF, fuel filters or spark plugs are due.
  8. CJD

Multicontour seats lumbar adjustments

It's been a while since I sold my Coupe with multi contour seats. But I'm pretty sure they held pressure Ok, I certainly didn't have to reset them every trip.
  9. CJD

Tyre Pressure Warning

Have you pushed OK on the steering wheel?
  10. CJD

2017 E200 Ad Blue tank replacement

Have you tried to contact the dealership he bought the car from? If it has a full service history I would be very surprised if the don't at least offer some good will, or preferably replace FOC saying as how this happened when the car was still under warranty?
  11. CJD

Do any roof racks fit W205 C Class Estate 66 reg with panoramic roof

Interesting post as I have an estate too. I'm not sure of the answer. But being curious I had to have a search, and there are several sets of genuine MB bars for sale on Gumtree for not much money.
  12. CJD

2016 Eclass displays

I'm pretty sure if it is specced, Premium Plus it will have the bigger display.
  13. CJD

W207 Fuel economy not as expected

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it a 3.0L ? I know mine was, but it was a 14 plate, I could easily get 50mpg on a long motorway run with cruise set at 70. Averaged about 44 over all, didn't have much town use though.
  14. CJD

Advice needed please.

Looking good , hope all of your woes are sorted now. Good luck with the court case.
  15. CJD

Selling up do to soft wear update and nox

Do you you suspect you have a NoX sensor fault? They will throw a CEL if they are faulty. If not I wouldn't worry about it.
  16. CJD

Selling up do to soft wear update and nox

I think you are worrying too much. The NoX sensor problem is fairly well known about, but generally fixed under warranty or FOC when out of warranty if the car has full MB service history. The software update is a separate thing, and most people don't seem to have any problems after it has been...
  17. CJD

Help choosing E Class Estate model around 2015

I whole heartedly second this, not only doesn't it look very nice - but scratches very easily. I had a loaner with it, and my dog managed to scratch it first time he was in the car. Black Ash is way nicer and much more durable.
  18. CJD

Mercedes C Class AMG Line Wheels

Mine is an AMG line and it came from the factory with the 19" Turbine wheels, as an option. So I can't see it being a problem for you.
  19. CJD

C Class Paddle Shift

The modern auto C class works just like you describe. You can manually shift gears with the paddles - but it will automatically shift back into auto after about 30 seconds.
  20. CJD

A class door handle come off in my hand!

This is probably not the answer you want, but take it to your MB dealership and get them to refit it under warranty.

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom