Search results

1. Q

Brake Bleeding ABS Module

I started at furthest from the reservoir. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Q

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Sold it! Was a beautiful car to drive when running but this year it just seemed to be fault after fault. I just needed something more reliable. I prepped the car for sale and fixed all faults before hand. The new owner was bowled over by its condition and history (which I documented fully)...
  3. Q

Help identify sensor

Hi, yes. I took it to my local mechanic to get the codes read. He knows I do my own work but he was happy to read the codes and offer a little advice. The only fault was with the DPF differential pressure sensor showing too great a pressure difference. He told me these sensors are prone to...
  4. Q

Help identify sensor

Ah ok, I was going over and over what it could be. Thanks for reply. I’m going to have to get my car on diagnostics then to see what it is that is wrong. Symptoms are limp mode or limp mode like running- little to no boost and won’t rev past 3k- , mildly rough running, occasional eggy smell...
  5. Q

Help identify sensor

Hi all, Car is a 2010 E350cdi blue efficiency coupe. My car is once again in my garage due to a suspected blocked DPF even though there is only 85k on it and I do a 25mile commute each way with some fast motorway. Anyway a while back I noticed this plug not connected to anything but I can’t...
  6. Q

Update! All done and dusted. It was air in master cylinder lines. Really strange problem. I purged the lines with a pressurised kit and everything else but it didn’t release the air. The only thing left was to undo the two lines from the master cylinder to the abs block at the abs block and...
  7. Q

Hi, yes it’s a possibility. I’m actually thinking that the master cylinder may have an air blockage. Can exhibit similar symptoms and is likely considering I didn’t pump the brakes during the bleeding process and because it had went dry. I didn’t realise these need bleeding separately. Sent...
  8. Q

Ok, I put the pressure bleeder on tonight. I’m pretty confident there is no air in system. I cracked each outlet on the abs module in turn. No air bubbles just fluid. To be sure I let this run a little on each outlet. Next I did each wheel starting at the rear offside working clockwise...
  9. Q

Ok thanks for that. I’ve bought a cheapo pressure bleeder in Halfords this afternoon so I’ll try that tomorrow after work. I’ll report back here after. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. Q

Do you have a link to something similar as your power bleeder? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Q

Hi All, My car is a C207 E350 CDI Coupe. I had a perforated corroded steel brake line going to the offside rear wheel this week. Only discovered when the brake fluid low warning came on. Thankfully nothing ‘eventful’ occurred. When I got home I fitted a piece of copper line about 2.5ft in...
  12. Q

ML write off rebuild

Yes this is a 4 pin plug although only 3 are used. I forget which pins to put the resistor across though. See link to my thread on the issue: C207 E350 CDI just stopped...
  13. Q

ML write off rebuild

I know you’ve it already done but ensure your swirl flap actuator is permanently open. Mine siezed in the closed position meaning I had little power past 2k rpm and the engine wasn’t as smooth as it should be. I replaced the actuator and instantly the car was back to full power throughout the...
  14. Q

2015 E Class Coupe 350CDI

My coupe is a little older at 2010 but basically the same. Practicality wise it’s pretty good. 2 x young kids 3 & 5 years old when I bought the car 2 years ago. Car seats are a bit of a pain, they don’t fit brilliantly in the sports style rear seats. Now the kids are a little bit older they...
  15. Q

My new baby

Very nice, steering wheel included. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  16. Q

What one do I go by

Agree, mine is consistently 3 mpg out from stated. Real mpg is always worse than displayed. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  17. Q

Mercedes w221 s320 2006

It’s warming up a bit now, could be condensation from your air con condenser which is normal. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  18. Q

What Waxes and Polishes do you use?

That’s the first I’ve heard of it. My car is perfect. I would have thought it would have happened by now if it was going to. I do get minor hazing if I don’t keep up with the polishing but it’s unnoticeable really. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  19. Q

Not on mine. I didn’t know there was a problem with this colour!? With regards products I’ve stopped purchasing new items of something I already have. For instance I have several waxes to use up but can’t get through them. Just a waste. I only buy things I run out of now. Sent from my...
  20. Q

After decontamination I’ll either use 3M Ultrafine on a rotary polisher or if it’s in good nick a couple of coats of SRP followed by Collinite 915 Marque d’elegance. Followed by trim dressing etc. I’ve had the collinite for around 5 years now and probably used it around 10 times. I just can’t...
Top Bottom