Search results

1. Z

W124 Estate rear self leveling to rear shocks?

Not much of a problem. I found a split in my pipeline, looks like the last owner did a bodge job and for some reason, instead of fixing the problem, a piece of sponge has been attach to it. [emoji2357][emoji2357][emoji2357] So I have to get that metal pipe cut off and redone with some high...
  2. Z

Rear differential oil for w124?

Just got some from eurocarparts, so iv already dropped it off to my brothers garage. Hopefully I get my cat later, as I'm at work today. But thanx for everyones feed back[emoji106] Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  3. Z

I have found some fully synthetic 75w-90 designed for extreme pressure with additives, GL-5 and MB 235.0 recommended. It's a triple qx brand, and the spec looks sound from eurocarparts for £15.49 a litre, I think these w124 take around 1.3liters??? Regards Zahid Sent from my WAS-LX1A using...
  4. Z

Part synthetic or fully? Thanx Zahid Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  5. Z

1990, 300TE-24 estate, m104, automatic Thank you Zahid Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  6. Z

Hi, Today I have started servicing my vehicle at my brothers garage, and the gear oil sent from autodoc is very thin, just like water. My brother said no way, the rear diff oil should be thick. I have been doing some searches, now some people online are saying fully synthetic oil 75w 90...
  7. Z

W124 Estate rear self leveling to rear shocks?

Hi, I was wondering if you could swap out the self leveling system from a w124 300TE-24 estate to some decent shocks! I know the pipe work and pump needs removing, but how is the pump powered? By the engine or an electrical motor? Thanx Zahid Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  8. Z

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Definitely, it's 30 years old car, so it needs a new life breathing. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  9. Z

My service parts from Germany has arrived today via autodoc for my mercedes w124 m104 300TE-24 wagon! Bosch brand fuel filter (goes next to fuel pump) Vemo brand fuel filter (fitted to the Ke-Jetronic system under the air filter housing) Bosch brand oil filter TRW brand rear brake pads...
  10. Z

Installed a new o-ring for the distributor dust cover. Changed the distributor and rotor arm to a new one as car was suffering from starting issues. Changed the M104 top engine block spark plug cover to a newer used one. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  11. Z

My mercedes w124 300te has starting issues!

It's definitely a red colour! I just drove it for 5 miles, including the petrol station and I swear to God, the drives even smoother! It drives beautiful! I was worrying it may just cut out. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  12. Z

Success! The car didn't even cut out after 10 minutes, it was still running for 25 minutes. I haven't even driven it, so hope to God it doesn't break down! I gave the spark plug leads a good clean using a wire brush too. Used some silicone cream and rubbed it over the spark plug leads to...
  13. Z

O-ring completed! Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  14. Z

Super glue the two ends to bond! Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  15. Z

I was advised by my mate Mark to have a gap of 10mm. Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  16. Z

New 3mm rubber o-ring made for chemical resistant and high pressure air products. So I got a length cut to fit almost around the distributor dust cover! Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  17. Z

Old o-ring went really hard like brittle plastic! Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  18. Z

My parts have arrived today, found a real bargain price of genuine bosch distributor part including the rotor arm. Found them on ebay, as the distributor cost me £75.10 and rotor £33.79! Also I have made up a brand new o-ring, as I went to see a friend who manufacture machinery that run on...
  19. Z

Found what believe its the right o-ring for the distributor orange dust cover! It's based in the USA... Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
  20. Z

Thanx Brian for the reply. If I cannot source an o ring, could I use a sealant from a tube and put a line around the plastic gasket? Would you recommend if I purchase the new distributor and fit it without the new large o-ring to temporary keep me going until I wait for a new o-ring from...

As a member of ourMercedes Owners' club, you will enjoy numerous savings on an expanding range of services including, Insurance, Parts and Servicing, RAC Membership plus much more.MBOmembers can save around £200.00 a year. You can join from as little as £30.00 and start to enjoy these savings immediately. You receive our monthly magazine and free classified ads when you decide to trade up a model.
Top Bottom