Search results

1. daveenty

My other car (Warning: Ford Content)

I should know better at my age Pete, I'm not exactly new to this car thing. :(
  2. daveenty

He seems to be more into McLaren than AMG nowadays Roger, I've not seen him for a long time though may try to call in on my way to Horndean. If not, I'll probably see him at TRAX though it'll be a bit late to arrange anything after that.
  3. daveenty

I've not been up to much really apart from finishing painting the tailgate inner panel. This was pretty battle scarred, probably just from loading/unloading stuff over the years. Several old drilled holes in the bed sides have also been filled though are not yet painted, purely due to apathy and...
  4. daveenty

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Well, further to THIS POST from earlier in the thread, I took the car into Mercedes today for them to check the heater out. I must admit that I wasn't looking forward to this and was expecting the usual dealership slopy shouldered and hand wringing approach but I couldn't have been more wrong...
  5. daveenty

Not got a recording and wouldn't have a clue how to start making one to be honest. Suffice to say it's pretty loud and can be heard from outside the car, a chattering type noise would be my best description I suppose, disappearing when it's done it's initial faffing around. You won't need a...
  6. daveenty

Took the Merc down to my local indie today just to get his opinion on the heater thing mentioned previously. Even before he came outside to it he reckoned a stepper motor, quickly confirmed as he heard it as soon as I opened the door. He also suggested a potential cause for the forced air sound...
  7. daveenty

I think that this will be considerably more than a Saturday job though he's certainly welcome to have a look at it... How am I going to get there then?
  8. daveenty

To be honest Roger, I may not even bother taking it in to them. As you state, they've had it mentioned to them on numerous occasions and done nothing, why should they be any different now? I'll have a chat with one or two indies who I know, even if it involves a bit of a trip I know the job...
  9. daveenty

Called into my local dealership today enquiring about my noisy heater vent issue. They couldn't look at it there and then as they were too busy. To be honest I would have thought that they'd be able to get someone to stand by the side of the car as the noise is audible from outside, a loud...
  10. daveenty

Taxed it. :) Well, it's taxed from tomorrow, I've got it at the front of the drive at the moment to give it a quick once over, basically checking things are working. I can feel a trip to Mercedes coming on though as one of the heater vents is doing a lot of banging around. This has been a...
  11. daveenty

Hmm, no idea why unless you're not logged into Mercedes ME? I get the options below: -
  12. daveenty

Mine used to literally take hours so I seldom use the online option nowadays. THIS LINK should work for you and will let you download all available updates to a USB (Min 16GB, ideally 32)
  13. daveenty

Just done a map update after receiving an email suggesting that there was one available. I tend to do them via download onto a USB stick now as the OTA one seems to take forever, especially with my limited mileage. The car's now on the ground after spending the last 6 months on the lift in the...
  14. daveenty

Another day another water leak... Decided to give the truck a quick clean up as it was a dusty mess after finishing rubbing down and painting the pickup bed. Put the hose on it and was semi transfixed watching the water pouring out from my new wheel arch drains. After washing it, I jumped in to...
  15. daveenty

Got it back on it's wheels again. :) It's done more miles vertically than linear in the last few months, just up and down on the lift to move it out of the way. Connected the charger again yesterday, just to check the battery is still OK and it's showing full this morning so all good there...
  16. daveenty

Just a quick update this time as not a great amount has been happening, partially due to the weather, mainly a lack of interest on my part. The new shocks arrived from the US in under a week, more excellent service from Rock Auto. They went on without drama, I didn't even bother putting the...
  17. daveenty

At the moment the engine seems to be running fine, the temp gauge is at the cooler end of normal and the heater is getting warm (though not hot). All the hoses are warm to the touch and the (new) thermostat seems to be opening when required. The coolant level is a bit low down in the radiator...
  18. daveenty

I managed to get the oil change done though for some reason I struggled to get an oil filter this time, it took a good while and an alternative supplier in the end but all is now good. I've dropped the oil viscosity down slightly, from the 20w50 which was in it to a 10w40, mainly as it was...
  19. daveenty

AMG pics.

Shed. Bet you wish you still had it though... Was this an early TRAX meet Alps, or earlier than those?
  20. daveenty

What valuation will i get on my car

Of the last three I've sold, two went via Motorway, one privately to a friend. As you suggest, WBAC were poor in their valuation, with Motorway beating them substantially. The most difficult part of the Motorway process was taking pictures which they accepted, at the correct angle to enable...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom