Search results

1. Jimbo1959

Any motorcyclists on here as well?

Your yellow period I take it? :)
  2. Jimbo1959

Had a bit of drama with the Suzook, went to Ayr to have a look around North Harbour M/C's not realising that the Ayr Air Show was on the same weekend. I got caught up in the traffic, which was walking pace for several miles and despite filtering and the fan coming on, the radiator gave up the...
  3. Jimbo1959

I hope that your Op goes to plan with no problems Russell, take care with that compulsory diet, lol.
  4. Jimbo1959

Finally got a decent picture of me and my girls, the GSX 650 F and the FJR 1300. Oops, mustn't forget m'Scirocco in the background too, courtesy of my neighbours daughter in law, thanks love! I'm really pleased with the bikes, Suzook for back roads action, and the Yam for total comfort, distance...
  5. Jimbo1959

Between the original road test and my own travels since I got it I've totally enjoyed approximately three hundred and fifty miles in some six hours of riding it on all sorts of roads, A, B, motorway and dual carriageways, not to mention all the little country roads out in the boonies where I...
  6. Jimbo1959

Mine is the Gen 1 model, being a 2005 it's the five speed box so, no problems or, issues involved at all. I seriously considered converting the indicators but, it was just too much work for the benefit and the bike, well I think I'd already made up my mind it was going by then. It was such a...
  7. Jimbo1959

In answer to your first question yes, I am that guy who came back to bikes on the Suzuki GSX650F after a long break. Regarding the BMW, all I can say is never meet your heros! I rode one of these around twenty years ago and at the time I loved it, got made redundant completely unexpectedly the...
  8. Jimbo1959

'Scuse my iggerance but what are "city lids" Russell? 'S Ok Google images was my friend. Tbh I don't think I'll need them Sir, it'll never or, very rarely see the mean streets of any city. ;):) For by that, they are easily removable anyway.
  9. Jimbo1959

Finally got enough decent weather and after approx five hours of hard graft, the detailing looks stunning, imho of course. :cool::cool::geek: Looking not to shabby for a twenty year old bike eh?
  10. Jimbo1959

Thanks Russell, the good weather didn't materialise today so, maybe tomorrow I'll be able to upload detailed (see what I did there?) photo's. :D;) Sorry, I couldn't resist it. :oops::rolleyes:
  11. Jimbo1959

Well, I picked up the new toy today, after taking Russell's advice to just go for it. I spent a couple of hours giving it a quick once over and it's cleaned up quite well. Tomorrow I'll do the job in a bit more detail, weather permitting, of course. For some reason the server has decided that...
  12. Jimbo1959

It's the torque that I like, once you get to about 35-40 mph you can just stick it in top and roll on the throttle and off they jolly well go. As you say, they have character. :cool:
  13. Jimbo1959

Not exactly what I wanted to read Phil, but, thanks for the info. It gives me more to think about.
  14. Jimbo1959

I'm sorely tempted Russell.
  15. Jimbo1959

Any of you guys ever owned a BMW R1150R Rockster? There's just something about them I like, I think it's the quirky paint work, my own preference being for the copper coloured paint job. There's one for sale quite close to me and, I must admit that the temptation is very strong to just say...
  16. Jimbo1959

Is that anything like the advanced drivers course only for bike riders instead?
  17. Jimbo1959

Any particular reason? Perhaps he just liked it.
  18. Jimbo1959

A couple of the uploadable pics from last weekends trip to Spean Bridge on the A86, (just past Fort William). The weather was fantastic, as were the roads, a great trip all round. We started off at Tim Hortons at the Phoenix Centre Paisley (convenient meeting place for the bulk of the group)...
  19. Jimbo1959

I spray foam fabric cleaner on, and then wipe off with a micro fibre cloth. That usually removes all bugs easily, it also gets any dirt off of the screen and fairing too.
  20. Jimbo1959

Yes, it's got a radiator, I've just had the coolant replaced when it was getting it's once over by the garage. The sprockets can stay the same, as in that, they're standard just now and depending on how I feel about it after a year or so then I'll start modifying to suit me better, if I don't...

GAD was founded in 2009 where we developed bespoke ECU Remapping software for motorsport clients, moving forward, we have extended to road vehicles for both performance and economy,
contact GAD Tuninghttp://www.GADTuning.co.ukto discuss your requirements.
Top Bottom