Search results

1. idlerider

No power steering here either

I know that my E350 has a broken/cracked reluctor ring, which means the ABS, cruise control and traction control are not working; but neither is the power steering. Is this a consequence of the same fault - ie: connected?
  2. idlerider

Tailgate woes on S211 Wagon

The tailgate on my E350 has started not to latch nor lift/lower the load cover correctly. The 'lower' button on the base of the tailgate is inoperative until the car has been driven some distance - even with the battery on overnight charge. When lifting the tailgate with the remote control, the...
  3. idlerider

One-eyed Elegance

Firstly, please excuse my ignorance. The E350 has both the offside dip and main beam lights out. Seems a bit odd that both should fail. Can anyone tell me where to start looking? Are they both the one bulb?
  4. idlerider

Windscreen sensor problems

Some time ago I reported that my windscreen wipers had defaulted to intermittant when set to 'automatic' and similarly, the headlights had defaulted to on when also set to automatic. The windscreen sensor and ribbon cable were replaced, to no effect. Now, things have gone a stage further: the...
  5. idlerider

Overhead control panel

Aaaah! Helpful - thank you
  6. idlerider

Overhead control panel

Absolutely! Thank you. Now I just need to find the WIS for the tailgate wiper...
  7. idlerider

Overhead control panel

I must be thick - because I just don't understand this comment. What am I missing?
  8. idlerider

Overhead control panel

Many thanks to AMGeed and mioba for this info - with this, I think I can manage it.
  9. idlerider

Overhead control panel

Does anyone have (or know where to find) clear instructions for how to remove the windscreen sensor cover, rear view mirror and overhead control panel on a W211? I have the Ha*nes manual but it's short and not at all clear.
  10. idlerider

S211 Tailgate woes

Strange things happening to the tailgate on my E350 estate. It started when the load cover wouldn’t lower when the tailgate was closed - it’s still doing that. Using the remote key to try to open the tailgate often doesn’t work: the nearside tries to lift and makes strange noises but the...
  11. idlerider

Headlight problems - again!

This is a problem I reported a while ago and I thought had been resolved. Since then, the windscreen was replaced by Autoglass last October, after which strange things started to happen again. Firstly, after a couple of months the wipers defaulted to plain intermittant operation when set to...
  12. idlerider

The sound of silence

Hmmm… may just be our dreadful road surfaces, then. Thanks for your thoughts.
  13. idlerider

The sound of silence

16" - currently running Goodyear “EfficientGrip Performance” 225/55 R16 95V
  14. idlerider

The sound of silence

This has probably been asked many times before but can anyone suggest the quietest tyres for a w211T wagon?
  15. idlerider

Big red battery!

You were right! Auxillary battery would only manage 11.1v after charge and dropped fast. Now changed - problem fixed.
  16. idlerider

W211 tyres

Me too! (Goodyear Efficient Grip) Thoroughly recommended.
  17. idlerider

It's a cover-up

In looking at the under-bonnet pollen filter on my S211, I notice that the cover above it doesn't fit properly (clips in the wrong place, etc.) and I think it may be from a different variant. Is anyone able to offer a part number for the correct component?
  18. idlerider

Big red battery!

I'll be investigating all this once the wind and rain abates! Many thanks to all who responded. ;)
  19. idlerider

Big red battery!

Auxillary looks like - main isn't.
  20. idlerider

Big red battery!

When the weather's cold, my E350 shows the large red battery light on start-up. I use a smart trickle charger but that seems to make no difference. The car starts and runs OK although when this happens some things (seat heaters, rear screen heater, tailgate motor, etc.) don't work for the first...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom