Search results

1. AnthonyUK

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

MoT and 4 new tyres today. I went with Bridgestone Turanza All Season 6 and back on 16" wheels due to the state of the roads.
  2. AnthonyUK

W203 when stopped and turn steering makes a clanking/popping sound

You'll need to get under there while someone turns the steering wheel. There are many bushes and joints that it could be and 203s are really prone to breaking the springs as they are compressed to around 50% of their unfitted length.
  3. AnthonyUK

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

Jobs I've been putting off that may get started this weekend: Replace a foglight so front bumper off Remove front wipers and clean out scuttle panel as it is lifting probably from leaves. Replace wipers for MoT Replace inner steering joints as it was mentioned 4 MoTs ago. Not got any worse but...
  4. AnthonyUK

How steep can your drive before it's too steep ?

Is there any difference on a steepish drive to parking nose in or out?
  5. AnthonyUK

W212 Avantgarde vs Executive vs...

COMAND on anything other than something pretty recent is just awful. As mentioned, replace it with an Android unit or just use your phone. I don't know about the E class but on the older C class the Avantgarde had a nicer interior e.g. non-wood.
  6. AnthonyUK

Whats the risk ref Buying non genuine Wheel Speed Sensors?

They are pretty simple parts and if I had to guess, I would say the majority fail through physical damage e.g. from water ingress rather than electrically failing. As long as the housing and wiring connector is good, the 3rd part ones should be OK.
  7. AnthonyUK

w211 2009 No power to wing mirror turn signal

It is not unknown on some models especially those that have retractable mirrors for the wires to break from repeated bending. The covers are easy enough to remove to check.
  8. AnthonyUK

Interesting cars seen on the road.

I saw a Maybach S680 on the M25 yesterday. I'm sure it is wonderful to be driven around in but man is it fugly. Was great to not have to pay ULEZ on my 21 year old car when my brother got stung on a 2015 BMW :D
  9. AnthonyUK

Claim for broken spring due to pothole

I can see where it has broken and it is not the usual place. They are not expensive at £70-80 a pair and relative straightforward to change. I guess it is just this model as I've never know any car to have such an issue with springs.
  10. AnthonyUK

I'll check later if it has been marked. I saw it too late in the rain to avoid as it would have meant going into the oncoming lane. It is also just on the other side of a speed bump which seems to double the damage.
  11. AnthonyUK

Has anyone successfully claimed against their local council for a broken spring? I know the W203 is prone to them but this is a rear and only two years old. It is made by Sachs and has broken at a mid-point where there is no rust damage.
  12. AnthonyUK

Mercedes to Renault, really?

I only have good memories of Renaults. My uncle used to pick us up from London and take us to stay with relatives in Wales during the summer holidays in a Renault 16. My Dad had a Renault Fuego in the 80's and I had an Espace for 10 years which was strictly a Matra. No idea what they are like...
  13. AnthonyUK

2005 s203 aircon flap failure point

I'm glad I don't have this issue as I couldn't ever see me taking the effort to fix it. Is there anything that is worth replacing whilst you have it apart like the rest of the actuator arms?
  14. AnthonyUK

Anyone Fitted An Android Screen?

I have an older model I fitted 4-5 years ago and cannot fault it TBH for what I use it for. It has FM, plays music from an SD card and has Android apps such as BBC sounds and Waze. Mine replaced a COMAND 2.0 and looks pretty similar. If it gives you current functionality that is otherwise not...
  15. AnthonyUK

Best (most discreet) Front / Rear Dashcam advice please?

I watch some of Linus' videos for PC topics but his one on dash cams from a channel not dedicated to that topic is pretty interesting and covers some hard truths. Long story short, they are all pretty mediocre :oops:
  16. AnthonyUK

Best (most discreet) Front / Rear Dashcam advice please?

Hi. I have used a Viofo for a while and it has been faultless with decent video quality. They do front/rear models that seems to have quite good reviews so worth a look. The interface is not that great but I only used it once to set it up.
  17. AnthonyUK

722.6 Torque Converter (Part Number A2112500902) - Disassembly Photos

The actual document says it is in RUS language. Download manual repair book 722.6 (RUS language)
  18. AnthonyUK

C Class 200 - I'm ready to cry!!

I'm only guessing but someone with that model may be able to help further.
  19. AnthonyUK

C Class 200 - I'm ready to cry!!

You might find that the wiring is already in place to retrospectively add heated seats for example otherwise it becomes more onerous. The door mirrors might be able to be coded in to auto fold, maybe the windows too.
  20. AnthonyUK

Interesting cars seen on the road.

I haven't seen one of these on the road for some time.

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom