Search results

1. T

The roof damages the carpet

Good Point RoryWQuin Its an 2011 SLK 200 R172. Bobcat, I was always reluctant to stop the roof in a transient position as I was told this could confuse the control system. However, I will open the roof in stages and see what scrapes against the rubber seal. Uncle Benz, Yes that drip tray...
  2. T

The roof damages the carpet

Dear All, I have noticed recently that the carpet on the RHS of my boot seem to be dragged out from under the rubber seal that retains it every time the roof is retracted. I also note that the rubber seal is damaged as it appears to be scratched as depicted in the images below. I also added an...
  3. T

Strange Symbol on the dashboard

Thanks for that, Emilys Dad, I learn something new every time I look at this website. Many thanks again TEdfred
  4. T

I found it by chance after I'd seen how to MOT test the electric parking brake on my car :) Please explain EmilysDad, "MOT test the parking brake", I have a feeling that this might be humour that I have failed to appreciate? Regards TEdfred
  5. T

Many Thanks Alexander I have no idea how or where you found that information but I am grateful for your response Best Regards TEDFRED
  6. T

Dear All, Having sat for 20 mins searching the car manuals, having tried Googling the question, having looked at numerous Google images of car dash board warning lights , need I go on ........................? I am beginning to believe that the illuminated image of the a front/rear view of a...
  7. T

Pela 6000; totally unimpressed.....

Hi Guys, Sorry for the delay in responding, I have had computer issues! The computer is as bad as the Pela 6000. Thanks for the details Yugguy, I will buy a pump tonight. Whitey, I am embarrassed to admit that my SLK does about 500 miles a year, the oil issue became apparent when I...
  8. T

I have a 15 quid ebay electric pump. Takes 10 mins to pump 6.5 litres of warm oil. HI Yugguy, Please tell me more ?? Regrads Tedfred
  9. T

With mine , Lostkiwi I could set it up and go for a 3 course meal in Spain. The car was a Golf 1.6 Tdi. Yes I suspended the pipe about a couple of my off the bottom of the sump. The oil was 5w 30 I presume I suspect that I my have given the oil too long to cool. As I am now hearing Wighty...
  10. T

Dear All, I take your point about the viscosity of the oil and ordinarily would have used the device within a few minutes of switching off the engine after a drive. However, the instructions clearly state that it is not to be used with hot engine oil, hence I waited 20 odd minutes before using...
  11. T

Dear All, Having spent about 2 hours last night draining 5L of oil out of a VW Golf I am totally unimpressed with the performance of my new Pela 6000! Had the weather not been so bad, I would have performed the task the old fashioned way within the first hour. Can anyone tell me whether the...
  12. T

5W 30 not 5W 40

Many thanks to all, That is a relief to know. Regards Tedfred
  13. T

5W 30 not 5W 40

Dear All, Having asked a Mercedes dealer to send me the correct oil for a 2011 SLK 200, I later received two 5 L cans of 5W 40 Mercedes oil. When I was able to check the details I found that the specified oil for the car is a 5W 30. How much of a difference would the...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom