Search results

1. anyweb

Rear camera flap is permanently open

ok it looks to me like the flap has become detached from the camera mechanism, either it's broken or otherwise having an issue, can you force the camera out using the setting in the car, or engage reverse, and apply the parking brake, then power off, and try to re-attach the flap to the camera ?
  2. anyweb

can you take a few clear photos of it so we can see
  3. anyweb

you might have got a small stone stuck in the flap, try using a pressurized water jet to clean the area thoroughly, and if that doesn't help, wiggle it with your hand (gently)
  4. anyweb

C238/E400 rear brakes need replacing, which should i get, Mercedes parts or Brembo

so I replaced the rear brakes last weekend, and to my shock one of the 4 glide pins had seized with rust as the rubber protector cover was half on/half off (for unknown reasons). I've never noticed an issue with braking on the rear of the car so this was news to me. I spent 40 minutes heating...
  5. anyweb

Advice E Coupe Factory Colour Combination

welcome to the club, looks like mine :) except mine is old :/
  6. anyweb

Hi from Sweden!

welcome from a fellow Swede :) (well I'm an Irishman living in Sweden)
  7. anyweb

C238/E400 rear brakes need replacing, which should i get, Mercedes parts or Brembo

i ordered the parts from Autodoc, and found this great video too.
  8. anyweb

it's 6 years old so indie is my preferred choice
  9. anyweb

hi my rear discs/pads need replacing, I got a quote from Mercedes and it was a whopping 7483 SEK (approx 700 euros) for the parts only (discs+pads+sensor) I checked autodoc and the Brembo parts for my car would cost 4154 SEK (approx 400 euros), so which should I go for ? saving 300 euros sounds...
  10. anyweb

W169: 2012 A160 Center brake light works, but lately that seems to be more like... sometimes

hi, i had my sambos W169 in for service and the indie said the center brake light was not working, and i saw for myself that it didnt work when we pressed the brake pedal, I thought this was odd as I drive behind her on my way to work 2 days per week and i've not noticed the center brake light...
  11. anyweb

Got a merc with 3g/UMTS and use Mercedes ME app ?

yes all car manufacturers that had 3g modules fitted for these remote actions have the same problem, however some (bmw i think) offer free upgrades. see this thread for more details https://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1819108 also notice how BMW actually contacted the owners to...
  12. anyweb

and now things are getting weirder ! i just got another 'notification' on my phone (first screenshot) from Mercedes Me saying they've updated the services to the Mercedes Me app (in swedish), this is exactly how the latest change to the Mercedes Me app appeared on Monday, so once again i...
  13. anyweb

update: on Monday the problem went from bad to worse, in that now the Mercedes Me app no longer shows any info such as: mileage traveled tire air pressure doors open/locked service info (oil/etc) and is now totally useless. How are Mercedes thinking here ? when will we be offered an upgrade to...
  14. anyweb

i totally agree that this is a disappointment, i'm guessing your friend with 2018 model actually has 4g, it'll be visible on his comand screen (3G or 4G)
  15. anyweb

Mercedes Me turned off for pre 2020 vehicles

I'm in Sweden, is it possible to order this module and fit it myself ? how much ?
  16. anyweb

Take car to workshop without changing gear

how often do you use the conditioner ? only during winter or when needed ?
  17. anyweb

it's a daily driver so that's not an option
  18. anyweb

ok follow up question, my battery was critically weak recently, as reported via Mercedes Me after using the heater to heat the car in the morning, (we have much colder weather in south sweden) and i connected up my 'old fashioned' battery charger (it's useless). One issue is that when i'm...
  19. anyweb

here's a review (there are many) of the CTEK MXS 5 which i thought was quite good in case anyone is interested thanks to @Blobcat for the idea !
  20. anyweb

ok thanks i ordered one, let's see how it goes :)
Top Bottom