Search results

1. G

M271 engine misfire

Oldspanners i really appreciate your input, and experience is as good of a help in fixing these issues as spending hundreds giving it to a dealership to attempt to fix it. This is a car that is immaculate and i intend to keep it this condition for years, it is not a daily driver more for to keep...
  2. G

M271 engine misfire

Yes I checked the ecu plug and harness for oil and i could see no oil. I will check again though. The solenoids were changed not for any leak reasons but to shut off a code I was seeing so I did not change the harness at that time. Do you think the hall sensor is faulty what ever that is or are...
  3. G

M271 engine misfire

I have tried to find an Indy locally but no luck. I live in Ireland in the country so it means getting a tow truck to a dealer. Can you see why I want to avoid this if I can. But if this is what I need to do I will have to do it. Will icarsoft mb 11 not give me anything.
  4. G

M271 engine misfire

No I have not done this, can I ask how do I do this? Forgive my ignorance but I taught this could only be done by turning the crankshaft by hand. Is it done using a diagnostic tool.
  5. G

M271 engine misfire

Hello all, Can any one point me in the right direction please as I have a bad misfire in my 2004 Mercedes E200 1.8 (M271) Kompresser engine that I cannot fix? Basically I have checked as much as I know about and still have not found an issue. I am trying to keep the cost down so I don’t want to...
  6. G

04 E200 w211 rough idle

Yes I believe you are right about the condensation, I only drive it in the dry weather and store it during the winter and only drive it a few miles to keep things ticking over. I am going to change the gasket, clean the plug chambers and coils and see if it runs right.
  7. G

04 E200 w211 rough idle

Hi all, had a bit of time yesterday to look at the engine again and can confirm the timing is correct. When I removed the valve cover I round emulsified oil along the inlet side of the head and when I moved the valve cover some water dripped out. The valve cover gasket is leaking oil down into...
  8. G

04 E200 w211 rough idle

Hi, thanks for the quick reply. For 1 second after start it ideals rough but then straight away it sounds fine. It actually sounds like there was a lack of petrol at start up and then it got some and ran fine. But if I go for a short journey of a mile or so the rough idal starts again.
  9. G

04 E200 w211 rough idle

Hi all, Went out to start car about 3 weeks ago and could here the 1.8L petrol engine idling rough. This was out of the blue and once on the move it drove fine with no lack of power. It throws up a code which i cant remember but was like misfire cylinder 1 fuel deficiency. Since then i got the...

WE HAVE NOW MOVED: 8 Hazel Road, Woolston, SO19 7GB
Service, Repairs and remapping service
Any queries, please do not hesitate to contactEmail@mbsofsouthampton.co.ukor alternatively you can phone Colin or Dave on 02380 445820, out of hours numbers are 07787913313 or 07907631681.
Top Bottom