Search results

1. L

Hp diesel pump replacement

It’s got an airlock, You need to crack a fuel pipe at the common rail or injector whilst cranking it over. When it starts up tighten the pipe back up.
  2. L

water ingress.

Have you got a sun roof? When it rains heavily my passenger front footwell gets wet and I’m sure the sun roof drain tubes are blocked. It’s on my to do list this weekend to unblock them.
  3. L

Euros Car Parts front shocks Ml270

Pure luck tbh, I was buying something else and just thought I’d have a look at a few other things when I came across them. It’s worth keeping an eye out as they’re prices are always up and down. The Moog drop links were £8 each the other week and now they’re nearly £50 each! Ridiculous price!
  4. L

Personally I removed the wheel arches, as I had the car on a ramp and the wheels were off. It’s then much easier to get to the top nut with a ratchet spanner or socket. They weren’t overaly tight but I had to get a pair of mole grips on the top of the shock to stop it spinning. Would take about...
  5. L

I fitted these shocks yesterday and they fit perfect and have improved the drive massively. Shocks i took off were the original ones and felt weak in comparison to the new ones. Just out curiosity checked euros website this morning and they’re now £8.09.....and there’s a 45% discount :eek...
  6. L

Yeah I brought 2 picking them up Tuesday. Great bargain
  7. L

Euros Currently have Front Shocks for Ml270s listed are £13.99...I presume it should be £130.99. Not sure on the quality but worth a gamble at that price...and they’ve got 40% off so they’re even cheaper https://www.eurocarparts.com/shock-absorber
  8. L

Whine/drone noise ML270

I’m 90% sure it’s the prop bearing, I’ve just got no real hard evidence that it is the prop bearing I change it. The list is getting longer on this ****** car
  9. L

Whine/drone noise ML270

I’ve swapped the tyres front to rear, it’s not them. It’s more of a bearing noise. If the cars driving in the air you can pin point the location, gearbox/diff/prop bearing. I don’t think it’s wheel bearing as it goes over 40mph and a wheel bearing would get louder with speed
  10. L

Whine/drone noise ML270

Morning all, ML270 CDI 90k Miles, I’ve got a whine/drone from when pulling away right up to around 40mph they it can’t be heard. It’s more noticeable when coasting along on a smooth Road and sounds very central. I’ve had the car in the air and there’s nothing obvious, unfortunately you can’t...
  11. L

and the next thing to sort out

The left side of my instrument panel is petty dim, what bulbs are they?
  12. L

ml 270 cdi blower motor

Reviving an old thread here..... Why does the rear blower motor start up randomly??? Is it faulty or is it just maintaining the temperature??
  13. L

Ml270 , 2003 , project

The oil will most defiantly be coming from the swirl flaps moving around in the manifold. When I did mine I didn’t remove the thermostat housing and I’m pretty sure I didn’t touch the fuel rail. I removed the EGR, EGR cooler and fuel filter, and then NSF wheel and arch liner and everything is...
  14. L

Ml270 , 2003 , project

I noticed both mine were missing aswell. So went on the Euros site and got the same deal. I had previously brought 2 starline drop links at £24 each, so when I saw they were £2.40 and with the added winter discount I thought it would be rude not to by a load more in case they drop out again. I...
  15. L

ML270 Loss of Power

Welcome to ML ownership! When I got mine I had an A4 paper list of things that I wanted to do and although I’ve done the majority of them I’ve added a fair few more jobs to the list! It sounds like your swirl flaps are gone, I was having the same issue with mine when I got it. I took the...
  16. L

2003 ML270 Rear Drop Links

I need to replace the Rear Anti Roll bar Drop links on my 2003 ML270. I’ve seen a few sets on EBay varying in price. Anyone got any info or experiences on the best or worse makes? And do they do a polybush kit?
  17. L

ML270 gear change issues p0500, p2310, p2600

The Nearside in the UK is the Passengers side. But to Clarify the wiring loom is on the Left hand side of the vehicle. It’s very easy to check just remove the Left hand side wheel and wheel arch liner, then where the wiring loom comes out of the ABS pump it’s has a 90degree bend when is sitting...
  18. L

ML270 gear change issues p0500, p2310, p2600

Right so finally got this issue FIXED! I Changed the 12v battery as that failed the test but it made no difference to the limp mode and warning lights. After talking to some people, it came apparent the wiring from the ABS pump rubs through on the chassis rail. So I removed the NSF wheel...

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom