Search results

1. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

Update: I'm booking the car in to have the turbo replaced and an Poland filter change. The garage reckon that the engine is fine, so that should be all good. Thanks for the help I have a door lock issue to, but I'll post that separately if research doesn't reveal a fix.... Andrew
  2. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

Like a trapped owl?a It's doing a bit of both. More woo-like after it has warmed up, I think. Probably fair to assume it's on its way out then?
  3. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

Ok, the car has been looked at today and the noise diagnosed as a failing turbo, with replacement at my earliest convenience recommended. Reading another thread on here, however, that seems to describe my car's symptoms (see link below), it appears that this sort of noise isn't necessarily...
  4. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

Maybe something to get for general use in the future then. Will have a look though - thanks.
  5. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

WillHWill getjget somewhere booked tomorrow. Just did a quick search on Google and found quite a few cheap ODB scanners. Are they worth looking at?
  6. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

Thanks, that's a good idea. That one will have to wait until the weekend though.
  7. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

Thanks Jim, hadn't heard of that, will ask for that. Trying to find an indie to take it that isn't miles away from me (Hull-York area) or booked up for weeks. Contacted a couple of gearbox companies, one in Huddersfield and one in Sheffield, but if it turns out to be the engine then that's a...
  8. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

Thanks Matthew, it drives very well, with smooth changes. It makes the noise when parked and in neutral so probably not the diff Can be pretty noticeable though, like an emergency vehicle in the middle distance.
  9. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

Thanks Jim, will check the level, once it stops raining
  10. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

Thanks - that sounds ominous! How would that be determined? Is it a big job?
  11. A

E320 Gearbox Whine

Dear All, A few weeks ago I bought a 2003 E320 estate, 160000 miles. It has a definite whine, and I suspect it is coming from the gearbox. This was present when I bought the car, but I just assumed it was a noise from an enthusiastic engine. In character, the noise is quite similar to the...

Chris Knott Insurance, see oursticky posts here!
www.ckinsurance.co.uk
Top Bottom