Search results

1. malcolm E53 AMG

Alloy change

Go for the genuine 19in wheels (plenty of good S/H sets on eBay) all the 20in genuine turbine wheels are the same they suffer cracks. Too early to say how my 20in E53 wheels will fare but I’ll ditch the runflats as soon as economical to do so which helps
  2. malcolm E53 AMG

E350D real mpg figures

As regards the E350d MB have the best cars and a solid 1 year warranty so I’d look there first, they keep the best and send the rest to auction. I’ve just bought an E53 from MB Hull with a two year MB warranty, very pleased with the car and the prep work done for sale Ps if you have any...
  3. malcolm E53 AMG

E350D real mpg figures

If mpg is a factor you might be better looking at the E220d my son’s 16 plate W213 E220d returned a solid 50 commuting and the OM654 is a good engine if maintained properly, his yearly mileage was 15k. The 350d is obviously more powerful but you won’t see much over 40 commuting. Hope this helps!
  4. malcolm E53 AMG

Thoughts on this E53 estate!

It’s the only thing I miss about the S212 it also had a spacesaver as standard. The car is a staggered set up Front ET20 Rear ET49 so a rear would fit the front but sit 29mm wider. I think the best solution is to buy spacesaver spare when I ditch the runflats
  5. malcolm E53 AMG

E350D real mpg figures

MPG might be the least of your problems, ADBLUE, Nox sensors and all the other emissions kit can be problematic on EU6 cars unless you do a high mileage. Have you thought about a petrol cabriolet E400 or E53 if you don’t do many miles
  6. malcolm E53 AMG

Might have to go with plan A then the Roadhero space saver alloy spare I do prefer to take a punctured wheel off and take it to be repaired myself. My son had real problems when one of his 20in alloys cracked the car was beached for the best part of a week while it was welded.
  7. malcolm E53 AMG

I’d really like a spare wheel for the E53 but reluctant to pay £400 for a Roadhero spare (with a Chinese tyre) I’d sooner spend the money on a good genuine S/H wheel. The front is ET20 and the rear ET49 what’s the general opinion on buying a spare REAR which will fit both F/R as a get you home...
  8. malcolm E53 AMG

I noticed that something to do with meeting emissions - are they having a joke lol
  9. malcolm E53 AMG

2008 E320 estate - low at the back then OK when started engine

I’d get on with making a decision before either the pump burns out or you get up one morning to find the car is on the bump stops and undrivable
  10. malcolm E53 AMG

C class rear subframe corrosion W204 - 2024 update!

Do get in touch with the Ombudsman who will no doubt direct you back to the company for a resolution BUT they will give you a case number and quote this when you do write to MBUK - it usually works wonders
  11. malcolm E53 AMG

I knew from the very first time I went out in a W213 that I would buy one at some point it just needed the right engine and the M256 clinched it for me. Very occasionally a manufacturer comes up with something very special and I thought the interior of the car was one of those moments.
  12. malcolm E53 AMG

Unfortunately not the car ticked the most of the boxes so wasn’t prepared to let it pass I don’t know the exact production figures but not that many estates are made
  13. malcolm E53 AMG

Thoughts on owning the E53 after 3 months. It always takes me a while to get used to a ‘new’ car noises and characteristics always seen amplified in nature probably due to listening for problems that don’t exist so pleased that phase is over and feel more relaxed and comfortable with the car...
  14. malcolm E53 AMG

W221 S350 not starting (doesn’t even try) after service.

I share your enthusiasm for sorting it especially if it’s a good car and there is always that element of not being beaten half the battle is finding the right Electrical Technician to take it to nowadays
  15. malcolm E53 AMG

W221 S350 not starting (doesn’t even try) after service.

I didn’t realise this saga had got to be 11 pages long good luck with it hope they’ve finally found the fault
  16. malcolm E53 AMG

The bags generally have a lifetime of 10-15 years so if yours are the originals you’ve done very well
  17. malcolm E53 AMG

Very likely that the rear airbags have perished and the rubber bladder has become porous although do the basic air line checks first the plastic pipes can chafe and leak. The compressor and levelling mech must be working ok as the car rights itself when started so my money is on the bags leaking...
  18. malcolm E53 AMG

Hi all, I am a recent member of this forum and would like to purchase a w211 e320cdi

I only parted with my S212 due to the fact that I wanted to change to petrol if my mileage was higher I would buy another without hesitation it was very well made (restored MBs reputation for build quality), reliable if maintained properly and the OM642 V6 350cdi was a delight coupled to the 7...
  19. malcolm E53 AMG

Hi all, I am a recent member of this forum and would like to purchase a w211 e320cdi

Just to provide balance here the best of W/S211 were the run out models produced between 2007-9 just about all the problems with the earlier cars had been ironed out, the Valeo radiator coolant/gearbox oil contamination, SBC dropped with the facelift and the hard change between gears 1 & 2 on...
Top Bottom