Search results

1. R

W203 alarm issue

Hi guys, I have 2 problems with my C class estate (2006). One is that it has managed to lock the doors with the key inside (I had the spare so no real drama but its a pest) and the other is the alarm going off once the car is locked. I wondered if the 2 items may be linked and also if anyone...
  2. R

W203 door handle drivers side

Hi Guys, I need to replace the plastic drivers door handle on my W203 C class estate. I know there are 2 hex bolts, but the lower side seems to be connected to the door card. Do I need to remove the door card to replace the handle? thanks
  3. R

C200K Estate auto 2006 won't start

Solved. It was the starter motor...
  4. R

AA bloke thinks that the starter is requiring too much power from the battery
  5. R

Thanks yes I have. AA came, reckon its the starter motor. I am not convinced about that though... R
  6. R

Hi Guys, My car wont start. It has a recent battery and was fine yesterday! Radio and central locking all ok, but nothing when I turn the key Any advice? Thanks
  7. R

Rear washer

Yeah could be. Not fitted to my car but I guess they put looms in for every eventuality. Thanks Chris
  8. R

Rear washer

Thanks Chris 2 pumps on this one and confusingly a 3rd power outlet for no apparent reason R
  9. R

Rear washer

Thanks. I don't know is the answer but I assume not since the new pump doesn't work. Thought I might check a fuse if there is one before taking the front wheel off again T
  10. R

Rear washer

Hi guys, I have a w203 with a rear washer issue. The wiper works fine but the squirter has stopped and there is no pump noise. I replaced the pump with a new one but it doesn't work. Does anyone know if there is a fuse or relay relating to this and where it is on the car? Thanks
  11. R

Your life in Mercedes-Benz? OFFER

They do a James Bond one too...
  12. R

Your life in Mercedes-Benz? OFFER

Thats a great idea...
  13. R

Have you had a problem that has been fixed by a forum post?

I have already contributed to this post, but lately I have had more brilliant help from various members, which has helped keep my (old) loved motor on the road. This is a great forum and I hope I learn enough to actually be of help to some others eventually... Thanks to everyone who has helped...
  14. R

W203 fuel smell

Oldspanners, thanks a lot. Your rubber tube suggestion worked a treat and the tank is no longer leaking. Not sure what the MOT tester will say, but its sorted for now. I actually found another thread on the site describing the same problem, so it is obviously a problem area. R
  15. R

W203 fuel smell

Thanks OS, I will give it a try. Wondered if it is for an extra part not fitted on my model. Anyhow, great advice and thanks for your time. I am a fan of MBS and they seemed confused about it too. Certainly not worth a new tank!
  16. R

W203 fuel smell

Its 150, 160, 170 and 180. No idea what it does tho! Thanks
  17. R

W203 fuel smell

Thanks Oldspanners. Do you know if that nipple has a hole in the end like a breather? I have no idea what it was for... Good idea with the tubing-just need to know if I should seal the end up..
  18. R

W203 fuel smell

Re the photo that I posted, does anyone know what that plastic nipple is for?

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom