Search results

1. Richard E

A plethora of fault codes on my CLK. Help!

Please tell...! Oh the driving here is crazy. You have an incident every time you go out. Such fun! I have a German client here at the moment and she ploughed her Ford Focus hire car into the side of a tractor last week. And she'd opted to not have insurance...
  2. Richard E

Hi BigLad, Thanks! They're 18" and what came with the car. They feel great. I did think the profile was too low because of all the bashing and crashing on bumps and potholes but now the suspension has been replaced they're fine. I can't really compare but they are fine. The car handles really...
  3. Richard E

Ah great!! We get a lot of bikes through. Yes, it's a beautiful place. Lonely Planet has declared it the No.1 place in the world to visit in 2019. We've lived here 17 years now and would never leave. Here's a typical view. Visit if you're never been!
  4. Richard E

It's fine now and the intercooler pipe was in a bad way so it must have been that, but good suggestion. Thanks!
  5. Richard E

I think you're probably right! I found a guy on Youtube did a similar thing and he said it was still fine after 3 years! I was thinking to do the the same thing on both pipes. Thanks!!
  6. Richard E

Update: Mercedes didn't have the part in stock so I continued with plan B. The glue had set well so I then wrapped the pipe with gaffer tape and cable ties, washed up and drove to Germany. The car was no problem at all - we drove up to Maggiore, all through the B roads of Switzerland...
  7. Richard E

AHA! I found another issue last night. Took it for a drive and it went into limp-home again. Panic!! Fault codes: P0299 + 1101 Checked the intercooler pipes and found two splits, one rather large, on the left pipe. Hoping Mercedes have the part this morning otherwise it's going to be a...
  8. Richard E

UPDATE: The car had been running fine then suddenly it started to block the revs again to 2,000 rpm.. Switching off the IGN always reset it but as soon as I hit 120Km/h it went into safe mode again.. As it happens, a friend from Poland was visiting this weekend and he's an electronics genius and...
  9. Richard E

Yes!! The sun is out and it's 30c here. Never been to the Dordogne.. Going for the wine? Here is one of the best wine areas in the world - the Langhe with Barbaresco and Barolo, etc, and the scening it wonderful too. Be sure to visit, we can meet up!
  10. Richard E

Right, thanks! it makes sense.. I cleaned up the swirl flaps on my 2L BMW and they were terrible, it took me hours to clean them and the dirt is still all over the garage, so they do create problems. I knew nothing about them then and didn't know I could delete them but they're very easy to get...
  11. Richard E

Yes! Intimately now! A question about the swirl flaps - I assume the resistor fix keeps the flaps open at all times, is it worth leaving the resistor in even if they work ok? Thanks!
  12. Richard E

Hi all I'm happy to report it's fixed! So, first, thanks for your guidance and moral support. It was the DPF sensor. I got an original part for €45, took 20 mins to fit and it seems to run great. Only took it up the road and back but revs now as it used to. DHL just deliverd a box full of rear...
  13. Richard E

My thinking is that for the sake of a €45 part I might as well try especially as it seems to be a common fault so it could avoid a breakdown in some far off part of the world (I also love the challenge and I love learning about the car). But you are right, it makes sense to get it checked first...
  14. Richard E

no fuses blown sadly.. I'm really hoping now it's the DPF sensor. If it's not that off to the garage for a proper check-up but that always feels like defeat.
  15. Richard E

Just put in the 4.7k resistor on the swirl flap motor and still in limp-home-mode.. Still getting P1402. Tomorrow I'll have the DPF sensor so will replace that and hope for the best.
  16. Richard E

Fuse 48 seems ok. I just tested it but replaced it anyway. There is a loud, high-pitched scream coming from the area the IPS motor and as long as I have the ignition switched on it stays screaming. Normal? Update: it's coming from the turbo..
  17. Richard E

Great thanks! I'm just checking the fuse list again, I'm guessing it should be fuses: 48, 53 or 54. I've attached scans of the fuse allocations that came with my car.
  18. Richard E

Excuse my ignorance but what is the IPS motor? Is that for the swirl flaps? Just trying to find it. Thanks!
  19. Richard E

Thanks M80! I cleaned all the plugs, just the DPF sensor to try now. I'll pick up a new one tomorrow, and a resistor, and if it still doesn't solve the problem I'll go see the mechanic.
  20. Richard E

Thanks M80! I cleaned all but the DPF sensor plug as it's more diffcult to get to. It does look grubby though and is in a hostile place - hot and dirty.

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom