Search results

1. Conor

R230 valve block O ring fitment issues.

Ack... so it turns out the R5 o rings are ever so smaller than factory. I found correct diameter in a local store.. but they are a bit heavier gauge and I can't get the solenoid to lock in place. I've been in touch with X8R and they are looking into it.. they are being very helpful.
  2. Conor

R230 valve block O ring fitment issues.

Hello and good evening all As part of my R230 ABC overhaul, I've just started rebuilding the valve blocks. I'm using the XR8 rebuild kits and have an issue with the size and fitment of the larger o rings, which seal the solenoid from the outside elements. Has anybody had any issues like this...
  3. Conor

Underside tidy up - R230 edition

Hmm...Yes I think you are correct. I think I had PU Sealer in mind when I was creating a thick bead. What do you think is best course of remedial action then? I am thinking of running some tiger seal over it. I won't be able to get the stuff referenced above locally.. and subframe will be going...
  4. Conor

I've definitely used the correct product. At least i've used it for its intended application. I'm just not happy with how it has covered and shrunk back.. even though it says it doesn't shrink. I guess I might have been a bit overzealous putting it on. It's just odd is all. I might just run over...
  5. Conor

After a few days of curing.. I must say the Upol stripe seams to have shrunk back a nice bit and is showing some openings and crevices. I'm wondering if some tiger seal would have been better or some other seam sealer. I am thinking of running some tiger seal over the stripe seam sealer...
  6. Conor

Following the epoxy mastic the other day, I managed to get some paint on to brighten up the underside.. It was quite a stressful couple of days.. the guy I bought the paint of in the motor factors wouldn't provide the Technical Data Sheet or even the name of the product.. he just said.. its "2...
  7. Conor

Do air suspension valve block have internal leaks..?

OK cool. What I'm going to do is test out the line going from block to strut for a leak via chafing or such. After that I'll order up a block.
  8. Conor

..That's pretty much it really. I have a few parts on order from the dealer such as speed nuts, washers, bolts etc which were damaged/corroded. Regarding the heatshields. I have decided to replace the two that sit over the rear mufflers as these were worst and rattling when last driving. The...
  9. Conor

Speaking of paint brushes. I recently painted some of the ABC lines with a gun by hanging them up.. there was super overspray and I made a mess on the floor. So for the many smaller parts I needed to paint, I decided to just lay one one thick coat by brush.. You won't see many of them at all...
  10. Conor

There were also a couple of spots a bit more forward in the car that I forgot to do, but wanted to address. For these two body coloured areas, I have some Jasper blue that I will apply over some primer... better than leaving black patches. Good heavy dollops of the mastic... as I knew they...
  11. Conor

....ok, second attempt after some technical issues with the forum. Following the blasting, I sprayed on some Jotun Jotamastic 90. I used a spray gun with a 2.5mm tip, at around 25 PSI, oh and I had to thin it 20% to get it to flow nice. Any less and it splutters and you get a rough finish. I...
  12. Conor

Steel fuel line repair - brass or plastic?

Not in this instance unfortunately, there are a number of kinks and bends.. I really don't see what is wrong with the brass fittings, I think I am going to go with them. A nut and olive compression kit is good for 200 BAR in the ABC system. I think the 4 bar fuel system will be safe. I guess...
  13. Conor

For clarification these fuel lines are 8mm..
  14. Conor

I agree... but I believe Pierburg is an authority on fuel systems, no? Which is why I was even willing to entertain those push fittings. Before today I had only ever seen them for air myself.
  15. Conor

Oh yes.. sorry I was in jest earlier. I know what it is for brakes as a proper alternative to copper. But I haven't come across it in fittings. Regarding that plastic quick fitting.. that one actually came out of a pierburg repair kit.. and after some research it seems they are suitable for...
  16. Conor

Thanks all.. What's this kunifer you speak off... copper/nickel, eh!? You will get straight up galvanic corrosion between copper and steel, right? Does the nickel counteract that? Why not brass, will it weather badly and or corrode against the steel too? I agree on the plastic connection.. I...
  17. Conor

Afternoon all, In the process of putting back the brazed fuel line into my SL. I need to join where I cut the pipe off, and these are my current options. The plastic has been recommended to me by a seasoned mechanic but for me the brass (metal) fittings seems like a more solid solution... i'm...
  18. Conor

Evening all, Oh how it's been a while since my last update.. I was extremely busy/distracted for the first few months of the year getting my blasting setup sorted. I'm back on the SL now and it needs sorting ASAP, as it's holding up further progress, being on the lift all this time. Let's...
  19. Conor

Thanks mate, appreciate it!
  20. Conor

Do air suspension valve block have internal leaks..?

Thanks guys. It's curious alright. I don't know if the failure is at the compressor... because if it was wouldn't the leak be more general across the system/corners...? Currently, it's just the front right corner that leaks down.. so it's at least at the valve block or else the pipe between...
Top Bottom