Search results

1. H

SL350 R230. What happens when you connect the aux battery up the wrong way?

Thanks for all your replies guys. I'm not sure of the relevance of the post about Takata airbags as the SL is not on the list of cars fitted with the dodgy ones? Uncle Benz - would you be interested in recoding a module to my car? Cheers
  2. H

SL350 R230. What happens when you connect the aux battery up the wrong way?

Well, I can tell you, as almost exactly a year ago, that's what I did... One of my 3 most expensive mistakes, ever.... How??? I hear you ask... I really don't know... I must have changed well over a dozen car batteries over the years. But the terminals are different sizes! Yes, I know.... I...
  3. H

Sl R230 Rear window seal help needed....

Hi I'm sorry, I don't have any more photos apart from the ones I posted previously. With regards to putting the PSE in a bag, my view is that as long as you make sure it is perfectly dry, then putting it in a well sealed bag makes a LOT of sense Cheers Nigel
  4. H

Issues with my 2007 Bose R230 SL350

Don't think it has anything in!!
  5. H

R230 SL350 rough tickover

Yes, it runs fine apart from the rough idle. Fuel trims.... what are they? Cheers Nigel
  6. H

It doesn't have an Aux in!
  7. H

Ah... Didn't make myself clear!o_O I meant is there any way to connect my phone so that I can play music from the phone?
  8. H

Roof rattles & creaks on R230

Hi My local MB independent has given me the response of "they all do that" to this problem but I find it hard to believe that MB would have signed the car off for production with the racket that my roof makes when it's up! I've ordered some Gummi Pflege to put on the seals after reading other...
  9. H

Hi 1) Is there any way to connect my phone into this system without spending hundreds? 2) Can anyone recommend a repairer for the command head-unit? The fault is that the volume control does not work (the control on the steering wheel works fine). Cheers Nigel
  10. H

R230 SL350 rough tickover

The tickover on my 2007 SL350 does not seem as smooth as I think a V6 should be... My local MB independent diagnosed that a couple of coils were on their way out (mileage 60K) so had them all replaced... no noticeable difference.:( The plugs were replaced at 55K. Any thoughts as to what the...
  11. H

I just wanted to say thank you for the advice and encouragement to all that contributed to this thread. After yesterday's downpour, I can confirm that the seal is 100% watertight:) I rubbed the metal strip down and gave it 3 coats of smooth black Hammerite. Used petrol to clean the rubber...
  12. H

About 6 inches cleaned, another 30 to do!
  13. H

Hi Peterws1957 Yes, I would agree about someone having a stab at it previously - only one bead of silicon plus the MB double sided tape, I suspect. Thanks for your advice on the rust - I pretty much thought the same, so that tomorrow's job! So my next question is - do you think the seal looks...
  14. H

Can someone give me a steer please!?
  15. H

attempting to post some photos... having some difficulty fingers crossed they'll be some attached to this post... or it could be a load of HTML code....
  16. H

So, rear window seal is off:) I now have a lot of questions!o_O - I'll just deal with my first question in this post as I'm running short on time before I go to work... The metal strip beneath the window has a small amount of surface rust on it - do you think I should go to the trouble of...
  17. H

Well, that just shows my level of muppetry... tried the key in the boot, no joy, went round to the passenger door, no keyhole, didn't think to look at the drivers door....:confused: So, it's a sorry sight in there... water is obviously getting in places apart from the one place I had...
  18. H

I think disaster may have struck.... After a few days of emptying out the plastic container that was catching all the rainwater dripping into the boot that we've been suffering the last few days, I went to empty out the plastic container this evening and.....nothing.... neither of the remote...
  19. H

Yes, the price included a seal for the rear screen (but not the C pillars...) They also inspected the metal strip (away from my mince pies) and said it needed rubbing down and re-painting, which I would feel reasonably confident in doing myself....
Top Bottom