Search results

1. R

Rears with DRL’s?

Hi all, a common topic I know but can’t see an answer (yes I did search! ;)). I have a 2018 C300 coupe with the intelligent lights and it frustrates me that the DRL’s at the front are obviously on all the time but the rears don’t come on with them. With my old Audi I could use VDCS to sort this...
  2. R

Help please - 2018 c300 oil type

Thank you guys, all sorted. When did Merc stop using physical dipsticks ffs!
  3. R

Help please - 2018 c300 oil type

Hi guys, I’m in France a long way from home and my car is telling me to add a litre of oil. I need some rapid advise if there is anyone out there with it in their head. What should I be getting? Much appreciated!?
  4. R

Comand audio failure

Worth remembering if it happens again to check but pretty sure I was connected via CarPlay at the time which puts that little bar up when Siri waiting. Plus as you say doesn’t explain the crash.
  5. R

Comand audio failure

Thanks. I do intend to go to the dealer just wondered if anyone had knowledge and experience. My Mercedes me is saying software is latest version but I guess “reinstall” would be first step at dealer.
  6. R

Comand audio failure

Hi all, I’ve had twice now an issue with my comand audio failing. A week or so ago I noticed half way through my trip the radio wasn’t on (it had been). I pressed the mute button thinking that was the problem and got the notification “mic on”. Nothing I did would give me audio back including...
  7. R

C Class seat recall?

Do you know which years?
  8. R

Satnav updates...again

To be fair that’s how I get my non automatic updates. My UK maps update themselves, but if I want the rest of Europe I go to the Mercedes me portal and download them to a memory stick. The car detects them when I stick it in on start up. I think there was 27gb of them the first time I did it...
  9. R

Satnav updates...again

I concur with JDPEclassUK. I have a 2018 C class showing V16. Screenshot of my Mercedes me below.
  10. R

C Class 'alarm'

Mine did that when I exceeded the speed limit for the road I was on. Do you have the speed sign reading facility that puts the road speed up on your dash? (Forgot what’s it’s called, will look when I’m back) If so it can be disabled.
  11. R

M264 engine

This one blobcat http://australiancar.reviews/mercedesbenz_M260_M264.php https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercedes-Benz_M260/M264_engine
  12. R

M264 engine

Hi all... anyone with any knowledge of the M264? As far as I am aware it comes in three guises... 194, 255, 295hp. Does anyone have any knowledge of what mechanical differences there are, or is it all in boost pressure, software etc etc. I’m asking cos I bought the C300 coupe (255hp) and my only...
  13. R

Convenience close

Thanks guys. I guess you are right David but with resistance sensors that reverse direction that’s easily mitigated.
  14. R

Convenience close

Hi guys, advice if you can please. Convenience close with keyless go... waiting within a meter or two with your finger on the button while everything closes (particularly the sunroof) feels a bit un thought through (and feels like it takes ages if you are just running into a shop or something)...
  15. R

What Have You Done To Your Merc Today?

On the subject of leather cleaning.... what are the recommendations if you haven’t got the real thing? My C300 came with “artico” [emoji17]. Any guidance and advice on how to look after this?
  16. R

Mgf 1.8 vvc good or bad

Oh and OCD detailing... ceramic coat a newish (1900 miles) car or no??
  17. R

Mgf 1.8 vvc good or bad

I wanna hear about the AMG badging! As a newbie, why is it on everything!?
  18. R

Mgf 1.8 vvc good or bad

I’d definitely agree, but that doesn’t stop it being fun. Small and light (compared to modern small cars) are always good combos. I wouldn’t wanna crash in one though!
  19. R

Mgf 1.8 vvc good or bad

I have been borrowing an MGTF 1.8 160 for the last 6 weeks (to be returned tomorrow now I’ve finally bought a replacement car) and I can tell you they are engaging enough when driven hard. It’s back to basics motoring. VERY skittish though and swaps ends VERY easily in the damp so be careful. I...
  20. R

Can you prevent kickdown? C300 coupe

Talk about tangents [emoji23]. So long and short I can’t do anything about kickdown in manual... lol

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom