Search results

1. P

W221 vibration noise from wood trim

I had the very same issue and tried every trick described here. What worked in the end was to replace the rubber door seal, where the door card joins the door. Did that on all 4 doors and finally some silence!
  2. P

W221 S350 - should suspension drop whilst parked?

For the record, I got all my struts from Autodoc in Germany, delivered to my door in 1 week time with no extra charges / VAT.
  3. P

@DSK - I drive pretty much in comfort as well ( well it is an S class after all). The struts are a good next step if everything is working well, just remeber that the compressor has a life span as well and at 10 years it is most likely going, especilly if there is a leak on the struts. Like...
  4. P

Hi thtere, sorry a bit late to the party. Started rebuilding the suspension of my facelift W221 and having had Airmatic on my previous cars, I learenda thing or two along the way. I choose Bilstein Airmatic struts which are the OEM for Mercedes and changed all 4. Heard really mixed reviews...
  5. P

Rebuilding Airmatic struts/shocks

Thanks Craig, will ask a few questions to these to confirm if ADS is still present on the struts. Best Regards
  6. P

@Craiglxviii I am looking for the rear Airmatic struts, part codes: A 221 320 55 13 A 221 320 56 13 Thanks for all your help
  7. P

Great, do you still have the contact of the Aliexpress seller that you have used? thank you
  8. P

@Oonzo - Thanks for quick reply. Will have a look around and see what I can find. Best Regards
  9. P

@Craiglxviii . How are your ABC struts holding up? ( aprt from the one that stopped working 14 months due to the car being stopped? ) Many thanks
  10. P

Hi Oonnzo, can you share which strut supplier did you use, as I think the rear ones in my W221 are dead...
  11. P

Airmatic top mounts and longevitiy query

Hi all, As my, new to me, S212 350Cdi has clocked over 150K, I start to have Airmatic issues, where the compressor failed on me, taking the prefuse box as well.... due to two cuts on the rear airmartic lines. So after fixing the Airmatic lines, replacing the compressor and the relay ( all with...
  12. P

OM642 - Help - Tapping noise

Already using Liqui Molly Diesel Purge on the last two half tanks to clean up injectors in case they are semi clogged. With regards to the seals, I do have them ( already bought from Mercedes) alongside all the screws and return fuel pipe o-rings, so when it is sunny on a weekend I might do one...
  13. P

Hi al, Right, fun Saturday and Monday.. Visited my regular mechanic, asked for favour at the local MB ( I do spent a lot of money with them on parts :) ) and the head mechanic was around on Saturday and payed a visit to well known Mercedes Benz independents, whom were very generous and took...
  14. P

2010 E350 CDI Bad Idle when started cold

Hi there, can you record a video of the start of car with sound and the bonnet up? Any strange noises?
  15. P

and i am trying to get a oil pressure gauge, anyone has any recommendations. Finally, I booked an appointment an indy on Sat
  16. P

Hi everyone, thank you soo much for all advice. Th tapping does increase as I rev and resumes on idle. Injector seals seems plausible as well, so I might replace them all as they are quite cheap. In case iti s the hydraulic tappets, it is worth performing a engine flush with something like...
  17. P

Thanks everyone for the input @malcolm210 - yes I was aware of the big bearing issues on the early OM642 ( like W203 / W211 ) but I never say reports of this on 212s... Also this S212 is now 9 years old with 150K.. which I am sure that if tha tis the fault MB will wash their hands out of it...
  18. P

Hi ajlsl600, Many thanks for your advice. Any reconmendation on a manual pressure gauge to get? Yes the noise is reduced hen the engine is over 85C . Oil and filter have been replaced, but I ill get another filter and cut it just to be sure. Oil used as this...
  19. P

HI LostWiki, Many tanks for your input. I have uploaded the video to Youtube, Link below: Thanks everyone!
  20. P

Hi Matthew, many thanks for your response. I have not taken the V belt out yet as this OM642 as opposed to my other ones has a lot of covers on the front. Also, I have never taken the V belt before.. so I will read into it.. Also how long can I run it without the v belt? Best Regards,

AIB understand your special Mercedes deserves a special insurance policy. We have a refreshing attitude to insuring high performance, modified, imported or classic and vintage cars and deal with the UK’s leading insurers. We offer discounts for length of ownership, where the vehicle is kept overnight and limiting the mileage and can also cater for those clients who need higher mileage and business use. To obtain a quotation please call the team on 02380 268351 or visit us atAIB Insurance
Top Bottom